1.W H E N I T A L L C A M E C R A S H I N G D O W N

"I realize that sometime love brings you flowers,
            then it builds you coffins, and far too often we end up falling to our demise."
                                                         - Alessia Cara
                                                                   River of tears

P R E L O G U E ●

I can't believe this.

No

Why would they do this to me?

Why would he do this to me?

When did all this begin?

Can I really trust any of them?

These are all the things that went through my head as I watched my best friend hanging all over my boyfriend.

I knew he cheated on me, I knew he lied to me,I knew he used me. I was used to it. Every time he did so, I stayed because I thought - he loves me or he doesn't mean to hurt me and besides, who else would want me? So this I would expect from him and usually I would turn a blind eye and act like I didn't see him, like he wasn't tearing me apart with every kiss, every touch, every caress, every little whisper in her ear.

But my best friend?

I never thought Cassy would do something like this, and my so called friends laughing along like all of this is normal.

They knew the whole time..

How long had they been doing this?

He finally caught my gaze and the bastard , he just smirks and continues peppering kisses all over Cassy's neck.

They were all looking at me now. The only one looking with at least a little bit of guilt and regret in her eyes was Cassy. The rest of them just stood there looking bored. I couldn't believe them.

"Chrys" this was Cassy.

It took all the strength in me to put on a sad smile on my face and say "You guys have a nice night".

And with that I ran.

I ran and ran until I reached home.

As soon as I stepped foot in my room I broke down in tears.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

I woke up extra early the next day and just replayed the whole night in my head.
How the night started out so well with me planning to surprise my boyfriend and show up to the party only to find my boyfriend and my best friend betraying me.
How his hand slithered around her waist and gave her a light pinch at her waist.
How she giggled as he peppered kisses on her neck.
How all my friends were never really my friends. If they really were my friends, they would have told me.
How our whole friendship was a lie. I don't think I could ever forgive them, especially Cassy,  the girl that was supposed to be my best friend - someone I could trust.

I don't know what came over me, but I had to have some type of explanation.

I pulled my phone from my bedside table and unlocked it, to find 20 missed calls,18 text and 5 voice mails.

The majority of them were from Cassy, the rest, from all my other friends - ex friends, sorry.

I deleted them all.

I found Nick's number and sent him a text.

Me: Why did you do this to me?

It only took him a few minutes to read my text and start typing.

His response broke my heart even more than it already was.

Nick❤: It was easy. You were there so often. You
              gave me things.You cared so much. It was
              too easy for me to use you. You never
              cared when I blew you off or cheated on
              you. You always came back. So I kept
              doing it. I wanted to see how much shit I
              could put you through before you gave up
              with me.

Nick❤: It's not my fault you were so clingy, needy
              and overly attached lol

You can say that that was when it all came crashing down.

Word Count: 656