Day 2: The Worry

It's snowing.

Why the heck is it snowing?!? This is North Carolina we're talking about. It doesn't snow here. It never snows here.

Except, of course, for the first day of techweek for the Jesus Christ Superstar cast when we all really need to rehearse.

I paced so long earlier today, hoping rehearsal wouldn't be cancelled.

~~~

It wasn't! Hallelujah!

We all got to the theater well enough, even though it had snowed a lot already. It was a rough night because of several things: the bird puppets we used didn't have three right string and Kathy didn't like them, we had to drill into our heads "Crucify him (Duhduhduh)! Crucify him (Duhduhduh)! Crucify! Crucify! Crucify! Crucify him (Duhduhduh)!" to get the right timing, and the apostle actors had to learn where to put things on our set.

I must say, though, the girls' costumes are actually easy compared to others. We all have street clothes for our first outfit until we change into another street costume for the temple scene. That's was pretty much all for the first act. We do drape ourselves with this awful smelling grey fabric when we we're lepers and beggars in one scene, but that hardly counts as a costume change. There are several more in act two, though. We all wear black outfits with heavy trench coats over them for the arrest, then all the girls take them off and add a pop of color for Herod's song. Then, we kind of repeat and put in black trench coats and black head scarves or covering for the trial by Pilot. After we whip Jesus we get to take off those coats and be 'sexy angels' for the big Superstar number.

It was pretty tough adapting to the new space and clothes and such, but everyone in the cast are good, seasoned actors and actresses. We all thought it went fairly good for a first run with costumes and props.

Well, as good as circumstances allowed.