Trance

The town of Fairview buzzed with chatter about a hypnotist that had arrived into town. The streets were more crowded than usual, coffee shops were crowded and more people than ever were standing outside watching the commotion. Fairview was typically a small, quiet area, but ever since news of the hypnotist arrived things have started to change. It was a warm, spring Saturday afternoon and I saw a large crowd of people surrounding a figure standing on a large, black podium. I couldn't completely decipher what the man was saying so I moved in and joined the crowd. I had to push through a bunch of people to see what was going on. They didn't seem to mind, as they were trying to figure out what this man was going to do next.
"And for my next trick, ladies and gentleman, I will need all of you to participate. Does everybody understand?"
The crowd grew quiet waiting for whatever was about to happen.
"For this trick, I will put you all under a trance. I want you all to look deep, deep into my eyes. I want you all to relax.. ignore everything else in your mind and just listen to my voice.. nothing else matters but my voice.. and what I am about to tell you..."
His eyes were a deep, mysterious black. Just his eyes could tell a story of a thousand words. It seems as if I could just look into them forever.. and his voice, it was alluring and enticing. It could calm anyone down, even the most agitated whimpers of a baby who could not understand the human language.
"You are now relaxed, soon you will your muscles relax.. all feelings of anxiety or stress are wiped from your mind.. there is no such thing as fear anymore. Nothing else matters..feel your body start to give in.. feel yourself start to get a bit tired.." the man said in a soothing voice.
My arms and legs started to feel a bit tingly, but I couldn't do anything about it. I didn't have enough power to shake them and wake them up. Soon I felt my eyes start to become a bit heavy and they were starting to close, but I forced them open with all the might I had left in me. The power of sleep was getting too strong..
"You are all doing so great" the man spoke again. "Now, when I count to 3.. you will all fall into a deep, peaceful sleep.."
"1.."
I yawned and my body relaxed.
"2..."
My eyes started to water because of my yawn and they became heavy like they were before.
"3..."
My eyes concealed tightly shut and I couldn't keep myself awake any longer. Right as I closed my eyes I fell into something hard but cushioned, and fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.