Chapter 13

Sifting through the wreckage

I can't concentrate

Searching for a message

In the fear and pain

Broken down and waiting

For a chance to feel alive

Now in my remains

Are promises that never came

Set the silence free

To wash away the worst of me

Come apart

Falling in the cracks

Of every broken heart

Digging through the wreckage

Of your disregard

Sinking down and waiting

For a chance to feel alive

Now in my remains

Are promises that never came

Set the silence free

To wash away the worst of me

Like an army falling one by one by one

********

England froze as his brothers body landed in his arms.

"A-Alfred?" He half whispered half begged. Only silence greeted him, followed by a driping sound as Americas blood hit the floor createing small splashes of red on the light wooden floor. England gently laid his brother down on the floor. He watched Americas face and as he did he smiled slightly. He didnt smile because of the death, he smiled because his brother looked so peaceful. He was finaly out of this place and he wouldent have to watch anyone die. That was a reason to smile.. right? England stood up and turned and walked away.

"Im sorry" he whispered "Im so sorry"

****

Germany and Prussia walked down the hall of one of the top floors. They had decided as long as they we're in groups of two they could seperate and try to find a way out. Though Germany wasnt focoused on finding a way out. He was going to find that thing and kill it. Prussia walked next to him but stayed quiet, he knew what Germany was trying to do and he understood why he wanted to. But Prussia was concerend with finding a way out, with getting his little brother out.

A soft thump rang down the hall and both brothers stiffened looking down at the doorway Prussia tensed. Was the beast comming? Or was it just teasing them? Why was it killing them all like this? The thump sounded again Prussia tensed himself and Germany steped forward reaching out and placing his hand on the door pulling it open.