Chapter 2

Josh's POV
I swallowed hard as the chanting of my wolf grew louder in my ears. It was a full moon and with meeting my mate I knew it was only a matter of time before my shift occurred. During these first shifts only the pups and their parents are aloud to shift. Those who disobey can be banished or even killed. I knew all this and yet my wolf was encouraging me to shift. Finally the chants became unbearable and I couldn't hold the wolf back any longer. The sound of shredding clothes and cracking bones drew everyone's attention to me but I could no longer hold myself back. Ollie and Luke spun around and Nevada and Houston froze. Both alphas bared their teeth and Houston hid behind Ollie. Nevada however move and seemed to stare in amazement as my shift finished and I stood proudly in my brown wolf form. By now Luke and Ollie had also transformed and were standing in a protective stance. Luke gave me one final growl as a warning which I promptly ignored.  Just as he was about to lunge Nevada sprung into action leaping in front of me and growling. Luke and Ollie as well as myself stopped in shock. Nevada growled again and his eyes glowed purple signalling that he was to be the next alpha. Luke and Ollie quickly shifted back to humans and attempted to creep closer to him. This time accompanied by a growl was a tiny voice that resonated through everyone's mind. "Mine."