Half and Half

After that incident, we went back to the house on foot. I was with Yui. "You look worried, cousin." I noticed. "Oh. No, I'm fine. I was just wondering about the accident earlier." She said. "I see. I'll be inside if you need me. Please, tell me if there's something wrong, Yui. That is why I came here." I confessed before heading inside.

I sat down on the living room couch and opened my journal. I began to write down a few words that could help me with a new song. So far. I couldn't think straight. "Why the long face, Little Bitch?" Laito asked.

"I'm not wearing a long face. I'm just thinking." I said, emotionlessly. "So it seems." He said. "Say, may I have some of your blood?" Laito asked. I stared at him before moving some of my hair to the side. "By all means. Go ahead." I said.

Laito smirked and made his way over to me. "Laito," Reiji frowned at him. "What do you want?" Laito asked. "I want to speak to Yuki in private." He said. "Aww, but I'm so thirsty." Laito whined. "It will only be a moment." He said.

Laito frowned before leaving the room. "What's wrong?" I asked him, innocently. "I noticed you're wearing a school uniform. The same as Yui's." Reiji mentioned. "I am." I confirmed. "Are you a student?" He asked. "I am." I answered.

"Who gave you that uniform?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Why not?"

"Because I can't."

"Did someone tell you that you weren't allowed to tell anyone anything?"

"I cannot answer that either."

"How did you find this mansion?"

"A friend told me where to find this place. But... I can't tell you who told me."

"Why are you giving me half of an answer?"

"Why are you interrogating me?"

"Because I don't trust you."

"That's understandable. May I please get back to my writing now?"

Reiji adjusted his glasses before walking away. I went back to my journal. "I wonder where Laito went?" I wondered. But I have to get back to work. I need to think of a new song, but how? "What are you doing?" Shu asked, appearing out of nowhere.

"I'm writing down song lyrics. I'm just stuck is all." I said, emotionlessly. Shu took my journal and looked at the lyrics. "It seems you only have half of it done." He said. "Half..." I repeated, emotionlessly. "Half..." I closed my eyes and thought to myself.

"That's it. I have my lyrics. Thank you for your help, Shu." I said. I collected my journal and pencil and went outside. I went to the rose garden and leaned against  hedge. I tore out the page of the lyrics I recently wrote down and began to write down new lyrics.

"Perfect." I said, once I was finished with the lyrics. I stared down at them for a moment before singing the lyrics.

Hanbun Hanbun

Omae wa hanbun

Inu to omae de hitotsu zutsu

Keredo omae wa hanbun dake

Omae no tamashii hanbun dake

Mou hanbun doko e itta?

I looked to my right when I heard Yui scream. I took a step forward, but  hand from behind me grabbed my shoulder. I didn't have to turn around to see who it was because I already knew exactly who it was. "Let's go."

I closed my eyes and took a step back. "Hai." I replied.