Chapter Six • October 30th, 2016

••• October 30th, 2016 •••

Today the letter didn't give you a regret but it told you this is the day you realize you like Bokuto. You don't know how to feel about this one. What if doing something previously messed this up to?

More importantly, do you even like him? The letter said you would realize it today but nothing has happened all day and Bokuto already left class for practice. Do you think about him at home and realize your feelings or?

As you were almost out of the classroom door, the teacher calls you. You turn around to see she is holding a stack of packets. You question her, "Do you want me to do something with those?"

"Could you give these to the music teacher downstairs? She didn't have time to print today so I did it for her."

"Yeah. I can."

You exit the room and make your way down the stairs. You enter the music room with the stack of papers in your arms. You call around for a teacher but no one answers. You set the papers onto their desk since they aren't there to accept them.

You notice a piano that is vacant. Since you haven't played piano in a while you decide to play it. You wouldn't get in trouble for playing it properly, right?

You look around to make sure no one is there before sitting yourself down onto the piano bench. There is a song you used to play religiously, you could play it in your sleep even after a year of not playing.

You fumble a couple times but that's expected from not playing for a while. You glide your fingers along the keys and try not to mind the mishaps.

Soon, you got to the hang of it. The notes of the piano sounded nice and elegant. You spent a couple minutes playing the same song over and over and each time it got better.

"(l/n)?"

The sudden voice scared the daylights out of you. You fell out of your chair. You look up to see Bokuto, "Bokuto-san! You scared me!" You whine.

"Sorry!" Bokuto says as he holds his hand out to help you up, you accept. "Was that you playing the piano? I was on my way to practice but when I saw it was you I had to stop in here. That was really good. Why didn't you tell me you play piano?"

"It just never came up. I haven't played it in a while anyway." You comment.

"You have to show me something!"

"I thought you had practice?"

"I have ten minutes before it starts. I have just a little time."

"O-Okay. I don't see any harm in showing you something." You say as you sit back in the bench, Bokuto taking a seat beside you. "Why don't we do something simple like jingle bells?"

"Oh! I like that one!"

You grab onto his hands and place his fingers on the right keys. You place your fingers over his so you could press down his fingers to play the correct notes.

You speak, "Sheet music would be easier for you but this is the same thing as playing."

You went over it a couple times with him until he decided he could do it on his own. Bokuto speaks, "Okay, let me try this."

As you watch him play with the cutest look on his face, you feel something inside. It's like a fluffy feeling inside towards him. What is this?

• October 30th, 2016
This is the day you realize you like Bokuto.

Holy shit.

The realization of it hits you like a ton of bricks. You held onto the thought that letter was fake and they were all staged somehow but this was something only you could know. You wrote that letter? That letter got to you from the future? How? Parallel universe?

There was no doubting the legitimacy of this letter now. This is the real deal. This is your one chance to not let your future end up like hers.

"Was that good, (l/n)?" Bokuto quickly questions you as you were thinking. You didn't respond because you were baffled over the letter. "Are you speechless because I was that good?"

"Y-Yeah! That was really good. You have nice memory." You compliment him, blushing now because you like the boy.

"You should teach me something harder! I could probably do that Beethoven guy!"

"That is actually really hard, Bokuto-san. You probably would have to play piano for a long time before you could play it decently." You inform him.

"How long have you been playing?"

"My parents forced me two years ago when I was sixteen but I ended up liking it. I quit a year ago because I lost interest in it. Seeing the piano sitting here was tempting so I-"

"What are you two doing in here?" A woman's voice speaks, "Do you have permission to play the piano?"

Bokuto and you both spring out of the piano bench, "I-I, W-We were told to drop off those packets for you. I laid them on your desk."

"Alright." She responds, "Thanks for dropping them off. You both can go now."

You exit the music room with Bokuto. You glanced at the clock and warned the boy, "You only have a couple minutes to get to practice and the gym is on the other side of the school. You should get going!"

"What?! Really?!" Bokuto quickly exclaims in alarm, "I have to get going! Thanks, (l/n)!"

You watch Bokuto dart off down the hallway as fast as he could. You can't believe you have feelings for the owl boy. Even more, you can't believe your future self wrote you a letter..from a parallel universe perhaps? It's hard to wrap your head around.

[A/N: i just added the random piano thing bc i thought it would be cute because she's touching his hands and ugh cute]