"Nothing!" he exclaimed, "I just...wanted a quiet evening that's all."

"Spencer Ethan Haywood!" I shouted, "Don't make me that over-interrogative girlfriend!" I reached over and grabbed his phone.

"Adriana—"

"No, what's so secretive that you're not telling me!" I pressed the home button and scanned my eyes down the screen.

Message 1: Hey babe, what are you up to this evening?

Message 2: Long day at work, hun? Call me ;)

Message 3: What are you up to tonight? How about dinner at mine? Or we can skip straight to the dessert? ;)

Message 4: How about we catch up this weekend, sweetie? It's been too long!

Message 5: Missing you! You work so hard. I could relieve that tension with a massage, I'm sure. Maybe I could come over? Call me. xoxo

"Oh. I see. No secrets, huh?" I put the phone back down, my heart sinking into my stomach. How could I expect anything less? I wanted to be sick.

"Adri, it's not what it looks like..." he whined

"I think it's exactly what it looks like," I shrugged, "Hey, well it's not like we're dating, or anything, right? No one even knows we were thinking about it. Or I was thinking about it. Whatever."

"Adri, please, come on. Of course, we're dating! You know I don't have any time for those girls. I haven't spoken to anyone since you broke up with that assh*le Holloway. Hell, even two months before that. No one. It's only you. It's just desperation because I haven't replied to anything. I'm even thinking of changing my personal number - look."

He took the phone from my hands and pulled up an email to his IT guy:

Sent at 06:15am

Ian,

Looking for a new personal mobile. Apple. The unreleased model if we can get our hands on it. Hey, who am I kidding, I'm Spencer f*cking Haywood. Call Tim Cook's office and get it for me please. Matte Black if poss. if not, silver will do. Also need a revamp of my contact list. Only the following names as an essential start-up please:

Adriana Rodriguez, Mrs. Rodriguez, Mr. Rodriguez, Antonio Rodriguez

Alicia Washington, Mr. Washington, Mrs. Washington

Sebastian Haywood, Serena Haywood, Mum, Dad

And of course, the usual contacts from the firm.

Cheers, mate.

Spencer Haywood

CEO and Editor-in-Chief - The Global Chronicle

"See, baby?" he pulled me into him, "It's only you. Not any of them. Just you."

"Spencer...it's okay if you're finding this too...weird and you don't want us to be together anymore. I know what you're like, I won't hold it against you." I replied weakly, unable to make eye contact as I knew it would break my heart otherwise. What had happened? I thought I'd just harbored a crush on Spencer, but the thought of him doing anything, being with anyone else, made my whole chest seize up tight and my stomach twist into a knot.

He tugged me into his arms and kissed the side of my head, "I promise Adri. It's you. It's always been you."

I couldn't help my sigh, "Spence, if it's only ever been me then why the...track record. And you know what I'm talking about. I don't want to turn this into an argument, I just want to know."