“I'm going with you.” I was suprised by his tone, he wasn’t asking. I arched an eyebrow and tried to control the smile that wanted to make an appearance.

“It’s alright Barbus can take me he knows the way, you can stay here and relax.” Though the thought of him tagging along didn’t bother me, it might be nice to have him there.

“I said I am coming with you, I need to get out of this house for a bit anyway.” Without another word he turned back around to finish my omelet. As we waited for Barbus to wake up we sat at the table eating our breakfast and talking about everything that had happened yesterday. I told him about the two headed snake and the new blood . I could see the worry in his eyes when I told him about the snake, he had a lot of questions about everything that Apios told me.I made sure to be very careful about my sister and not giving out information. But there was something in his eyes that said he was expecting Apios to tell me more.

“Up already I see?” Barbus came out of his room with major bed head , trying to talk through a huge yawn.

I finished eating my last bite of omelet before I spoke. “Been up for a while, I was about to go in there and pour some water over your head if you didn’t wake up soon."

Barbus laughed and made his way to the fridge where he got some milk and seemed to chug the whole thing in two gulps.

“Hurry up and get ready I want to go see my parents old house.” I was anxious to get going, I had been picturing what my parents house would have looked like and wanted to see how close I was.

“Yah Yah let me go put on some clothes and we will go. Afterwards we will do some training with your new blood.” He stumbled off like a drunk man to his room scratching his defined stomach.

I nodded, excitement filling my veins it was a nice way to start the day. I jumped down from the stool I was sitting on and put my dishes in the sink. “Thanks for breakfast Emett”

He smiled at me still sitting at the counter holding a cup of orange juice in his hand. “Your Welcome I enjoyed it cooking it.”

“I am going to go finish getting ready.”  I made my way out of the kitchen and into the bathroom.

I gently pulled at the seam of my shirt lifting it up over my head to reveal the bandages around my chest and waist. I was extremely sore from yesterday and I new it was going to be worselater on in the day. But this is what I needed to do and I was ready for the challenge.

I turned my back and looked over my should in the mirror moving my braided hair to the side. I could see the dark red stain of dried blood. I sighed and gently brought a hand as close to my back wound as I could. It felt very tender, my wound from Natis were just starting to heal.  I had almost forgot about them. The fight yesterday must have reopened one of the cuts. I gently undid the bandage and let it drop to the floor. I took a deep breathe before I looked at my back again to see how much damage had been done. I was a little worried about the fact that I hadn't noticed the pain last night, it must have been the adrenaline. I slowly opened my eyes and gasped when I saw the extent of my wounds. Not only had I reopened one wound but all of them. The largest one was only reopened in a few areas exposing my bleeding flesh underneath. A smaller one closer to my shoulder had been reopened all the way. I could feel the pain start flowing through my body now that my eyes had registered how bad it was. But unfortunately that wasn’t the worst part, its wasn’t very noticeable because of the bruising around the lacerations. I almost didn’t notice them until I was about to turn around and saw a black vein like mark coming around my left side. My heart stopped, first thing that came to my mind was blood poisoning. I had it once when I was younger it wasn’t exactly the same but similar. I jumped when I heard a knock on the door and quickly pulled my shirt back down cringing as it rubbed against the open wounds.