Obsession

'Malfoy's up to something'

'Ah, shit, not again' Ron looked from his friend to his girlfriend, a desperate sigh escaping from his lips as he got up from the library table. Harry looked unfazed, his eyes still fixed on the blond who was sitting alone at a distant corner. 'We need to do something...'

'I know, I'll just go grab my cloak...'

'No, Harry.' Harry stopped, finally turning around to look at his friends. Hermione had a strange expression on her face, a mixture of pity and amusement. Ron, however, looked just like that time during second year when they had to face Aragog. What caught Harry's attention, though, was the way Hermione had spoken, almost like she expected him to hex Malfoy right then and there. 'This needs to stop, really. We know it's been hard for you...'

Harry winced, he hated when she treated him like a child. And, for fuck's sake, he was sure Malfoy was up to something because he was sitting alone, scribbling something Harry was sure wasn't related to the potions book he had opened in front of him. And he had that look on his face, like, like... he was up to something.

'Wait- what are you talking about?'

'Your obsession' Ron whispered again, refusing to look Harry in the eye.

'I'm not obsessed!' A bunch of students glowered at him and Madam Pince sent the three of them a warning look from where she stood. Harry felt his cheeks heat up immediately and he had to do his best not to turn around and see if that had caught Malfoy's attention.

Hermione was still staring at him like he was a lost puppy.

'Why would you think he's up to something?' she sounded like a psychiatrist.

'Just look at him! He's alone, for fuck's sake, he's never alone. And, and he's obviously not studying. I bet he's scheming something from the way he's staring at that paper' Harry turned his head slowly to catch a glimpse of Malfoy and had to turn around quickly since the blond seemed to have noticed them and decided to stare back.

Harry felt his cheeks heat up again for some reason. He saw from the corner os his eyes the Slytherin walking through the door, throwing something at the closest trash bin on his way out. That was it, that was Harry's chance.

'Harry- wait, where're you going?' Hermione looked worried now, but she and Ron didn't hesitate to follow him. Harry walked straight to the bin and grabbed the tiny ball of parchment before gesturing the other two to follow him.

They walked out of the library and turned an empty corner where Harry started to open the ball, flattening the paper as best as he could.

Wait-what... holy shit.

'What is it- Harry... Are you blushing?'

Ron snatched the paper from Harry's hands before Harry could react. He stared down at the parchment to see a thousand different drawings moving, amazing doodles that covered the whole page. Drawings of Harry.

'Well, I knew I was right' Hermione's voice startled them both. The girl sighed and gave Harry a little smile before grabbing the paper from Ron's hands to take a closer look. Harry felt his cheeks heat up even more and a sudden urge to snatch the piece back took hold of him. His hand stopped mid air when Hermione spoke. 'He's really good, isn't he?' She was still smiling.

'What? This- this is Malfoy we're talking about! And- fuck, Harry, I don't even know what to say...'

Ron looked from the piece of parchement in Hermione's hand to Harry's face, which was still beet red.

'Isn't it obvious?' Hermione sent Ron one of those looks, the ones they were both so used to. She looked at Harry expectantly but Harry just stood there, speechless. So Malfoy was drawing him, not scheming an evil plan, nor sulking, nor writing all the names he'd put on his black list. He was doodling nice, actually beautiful, drawings. Of Harry. Which meant the boy had probably spent a hell lot of time looking at him, at his hair, his neck, his shoulders. His eyes, his smile. Because he was smiling in one of them, actually laughing.