"I think it's because we're scared that we might loose her. Once she is better, we worry her father will get her back, but really we're wrong for worrying. God will take care of her."

Spencer nodded. "You're right. I guess I am just worried she will have to go live back in that awful place."

"God can do a lot of things though, he may decide to allow her to go back. He may restore her family, or change her parents hearts. His goal may not be ours but he will be with her... and us regardless of his choice."

"Always the wise one." Bryten said as he walked into the room and took a seat. "We need to talk to you guys. Please go lay Aleah in our bedroom and come downstairs to the office. Kegan is going to stay with Aleah and he will take her back down if she wakes before we get back. I heard you mention something about her having dinner with us, but I want her to eat in the cafeteria. She needs to make some friends here as well as understand she is a patient." He said as he looked pointedly at Stephan.

"I don't want her to be down there dad. It makes me sad. Plus it's Saturday." He tried.

"She is a patient who need treatment. I allowed her to come up for breakfast and I am thankful you have watched her so closely and I am even more grateful you have bonded with her so well, but she is still a patient." He said enunciating the last part but this time looking at Spencer.

Stephan sighed, but nodded.

"She doesn't need in-patient treatment Uncle B and you know it. She needs some CBT therapy and a lot of love." Spencer pointed out.

"We will talk about it in the office. Go on." He said as he pointed his head toward the door. Stephan picked up Aleah and carried her into his parents bedroom before settling her under the large duvet. She whimpered as her leg connected with the bed and it pulled at Stephan's  heart.

He left the bedroom and stopped by the study to speak to his uncle before leaving. "Uncle K?" He called as he stepped into the room.

"Hey bud." His uncle said as he looked up at him. Stephan was taken back by his red-rimmed eyes.

"You okay?"

His uncle nodded. "It's been a hard day."

Stephan smiled sadly. "I am sorry. Can I pray with you?"

Kegan smiled. "That would be amazing. Why don't we do it after the meeting?"

Stephan's smile faltered. "Are you upset about something we're discussing in the meeting?"

Kegan nodded. "This job can be really hard some times."

Stephan nodded, dread forming in his stomach. It must be something really bad.

"Did you need something?" Kegan asked, bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Oh yeah. Aleah cried when I set her on the bed and I'm worried her leg may be bothering her."

Kegan nodded and smiled. I'll check it out."

"Thanks." Stephan said before leaving the apartment and heading downstairs.

🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼

Spencer looked up when the elevator door opened. He noticed Stephan looked as upset as he did. Spencer stepped in and stood against the back wall.

"Uncle K said it's really bad." His cousin told him.

Spencer reached forward and stopped the elevator. "Let's pray about it right now."

Stephan nodded and Spencer began a heartfelt prayer.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️