George has a disability, Down syndrome to be exact. Since mom was older than 35 when she got pregnant with George, a surprise baby, he was at a higher risk for Down's. Mom and Dad had totally planned on stopping after Collin was born, but things happen, I suppose. We're told George's one of the lucky ones; he's highly intelligent for a child with down's, and because he's so smart he doesn't need as much supervision as other children that share the disability. This means that mom doesn't constantly need to be by his side, but recently I feel like more of his mother's attention would be good for him, yet that's a whole argument in itself. George is determined, works ten times as hard as any of the other kids to make up for what he lacks, and is an inspiration to me on a daily basis. He doesn't like to talk too much because he's afraid to say something dumb or get made fun for his speech impediment, but he always has something interesting to tell me.

"You know I'd come home if I could, kiddo. But hey, why don't we start a countdown for when I come home for your birthday in November?" I said, trying to sound chipper. I heard the other side of the phone rustle and he let out a sigh.

"I'll get my calendar." he said, and I heard the phone hit a surface before the faint patter of him running up the stairs to his room. In thirty seconds, he was back, and he picked up the phone and said, "Kay."

"Okay, so your birthday is on the fifth, so circle that." I suggested. Heard pages turn, and then he told me he'd circled it. "Good, so now, count the days from now to then. Today's date is September sixteenth, I believe."

George counted the days slowly, and I had this dumb smile on my face as we talked. He finished and said, "Exactly fifty days."

"Now, count down every day on your calendar. Cross them off, time will fly by. Plus, I promise that now that I'm settled in, us Arlington siblings will have tons of Skype dates."

"Okay." he sounded happier than before, which was good.

"All right, it was good talking to ya, bud. Don't forget to do good in school okay? I love you!" I said.

"Love you too, Jenson. You wanna talk to Collin again?" he asked in his quiet little voice.

"Yes please."

The phone rustled again and then I heard the familiar "Ello." of my younger brother's barely past puberty voice.

"So, read any books lately?" I asked, lying back on my bed and listening as my brother started into detail about the latest book he'd been reading. I laid my head on my pillow, looking at the ceiling, half listening to what he was saying, just indulging in the happiness that came with hearing his voice. Having him update me on everything at home made me realize how much I truly missed my family. Being away for so long would be harder than I'd speculated.

The noise of rustling keys and an unlocked door pulled me out of my conversation with Collin. "Honey, I'm hooome!" I heard with a laugh. Violet made her way into the room carrying her overnight bag and wearing a huge smile. "Oh, sorry didn't realize you were on the phone, babe!" She said making a funny face.

I giggled and spoke into the phone. "Hey Collin, Violet just got back. Call me if you need anything and George can call if he gets upset okay? I love you, bye."

I turned to Violet. "So, where've ya been, Vi?"

"I stayed with Niall last night. I came in around midnight but you were already asleep, didn't you get my note?" her eyebrows scrunched, as she pointed to the corkboard hanging beside the body mirror in our room.

"I didn't even see it, I guess I was too excited to get out of here this morning." I replied.

"Oh that's right," she said as she began unpacking her things. "You went into the city today didn't you? I've only been there, like, two times to get Niall this really weird energy drink. How was it?"