Another Cousin

Tomoe's POV:
"Wake up Nanami!" I yelled bursting into the room o the land goddess. "My relative is coming today and I have too much to do!" The human girl stirred and awoke, dragging herself out of bed and shooing Me out of the room so that she could dress. I went into the kitchen to make breakfast and some snacks for my relative when they came. Kurumi Shiro Soushi said her name was. Miketsukami Soushi is my cousin and we keep in touch quite a lot even though he lives in Ayakashi Tokyo which is about a 20 minute portal trip from here. Shiro is also my cousin but we haven't met before. Apparently she lives in Raira Ikebukuro, 5 minutes by portal, which is full of adventure and insane people. I found I didn't have the ingredients to make sasamochi and would have to go to the shops. "Nanami," I called. "I need to go buy ingredients for sasamochi." Nanami ran out of her room holding an enchanted leaf. "I'm coming," she told me, placing the leaf on my forehead so that my ears and tail disappeared. We then began our short trip to the local store. Once we had all the ingredients we needed we headed out of the store to see a terrible sight. "What you gonna do now, fox?" A man chuckled as him and 2 others looked down at their prey. The prey in question was a female kitsune who was bloody and beaten. The thick red liquid trickled out from a cut in her side and it became obvious that one of the men was holding a blood-stained knife. A leaf lay a few meters away from her head, which I recognized immediately. It was an enchanted leaf meaning it must have been knocked off by these men when she passed them, exposing her as a yokai. The other man who hadn't been mentioned until now held up a lead pipe and prepared to bring it down on her once more. In a flash i twisted it out of his hands and scooped up the kitsune. "Nanami help me please," I told the girl as she took the kitsune from me. We ran from the men getting the poor fox girl to a hospital immediately. Thank Kami-sama the doctors don't believe in yokai discrimination. Even I had to agree that the YAR groups were getting out of hand lately. YAR stands for Yokai Aren't Right and is basically a group that doesn't like the idea of humans and yokai coexisting. So they try to kill yokai. As we left the hospital the kitsune's eyes opened for a second and my own widened. Her eyes were a bright orange mixed with yellow, the exact same color as Soushi's fox fire. I brushed it off and walked on home with Nanami. A few hours later there was a knock on the door and I was still preparing snacks. "Mizuki get the door," I yelled. "And why should I Tomoe," the obnoxious snake replied entering the room. "Just get the door!" I yelled throwing a chair at him. "It's for you Tomoe," he called a few minutes later. I walked round the corner to where our guest sat. Surprisingly enough it was the girl from earlier. Her eyes still raised many questions. She seemed taken aback by me too. "I am Kurumi Shiro, I am here to meet my cousin," she introduced herself in a quiet monotone voice.