Chapter 2- That Bastard.

"You mean the actual Red Hood?" Amy asked while staring at me in disbelief; hands resting on her hips.

I laughed a little and crossed my arms. "I'm not crazy. I know what I saw."

She raised an eyebrow as she held an unamused expression. As I was about to carry on with our argument until John walked into the kitchen clapping his hands. "Ladies, if I wanted you to stand around and gossip I would send you back to high school! Now please get your butts out there and waitress!" He said before disappearing behind the pantry.

"Get our butts out there and waitress...?" Amy repeated slowly.

I shrugged as I heard a bell ring and the chef yelling, "ORDER UP!" As I was about to go to the window Amy stopped me.

"I'll take the food, you get the weirdo waiting at the stand." She ordered as she walked away.

It was only that moment...when everything changed. When I stepped out of that kitchen...things were never going to be the same.

I pushed the swinging door open and walked towards the stranger. I couldn't see their face; it was covered in the hood of his hoodie. But telling by their build they were male.

"Hello, welcome to John's Cafe! What can I get for you today?" I asked with a fake smile.

This guy was beyond creepy. He wore a red hoodie, with blue jeans and black combat boots hidden beneath the jeans. He raised his head and I could see the faint color of his pale skin. My smiled faltered some but I raised it soon again.

"Um, I'll have the BLT please." He said simply. His voice was deep and it sounded broken...but ignoring my gut feeling I smiled brightly.

"Would that be here or to go?" I asked as I finished writing down his order.

"Um..." he stood as if he was having a debate in his head.

He then jumped once he heard police sirens going off. I couldn't help but wonder if he was new to Gotham. It isn't exactly all sun shine and rainbows, I mean shouldn't he be used to the sirens by now? I looked over his shoulder to see police cars speeding down the street, I only sighed.

"I'll have it here."

I blinked as I shook my head and looked back at the man. "I'm sorry what did you say?"

"I said I'll have it here." The man spoke lowly as he looked at the ground.

"Right! Sorry! Right this way." I said as I walked around the stand and gestured for him to follow me.

He glanced out the glass door before he followed. I walked passed a few booths that had children in it, wouldn't want this man to scare them. I stopped at a two booth and plastered another fake smile.

"Here you are sir." I gestured to the seat and he slid into the booth.

"Thanks." He mumbled before turning to look at the TV hanging on the wall.

"Red Hood is at it again! Cops were alerted by a citizen that the Red Hood was beating these thugs to a pulp." The news man spoke before a picture showed up of three men were being examined. I shook my head, and the man at the table looked at me for it, but he didn't say anything.

"Y'know, sometimes I wonder if this vigilante is with us, or against us!" The news man said shaking his head.

"Isn't it already bad enough that we have a man dressed up in a bat costume and parading around Gotham like he owns it!" The need man gave out an exasperated sigh as a picture of Batman appeared on the screen.