i need you

You and Leo had a perfect relationship, until he decided to break it off for some unknown reason that you didn't know.

You two grew up together as childhood best friends in a small town next to Houston.

As years flew by and high school came, he asked you out and you couldn't refuse because you also had a crush on him.

He took you to prom senior year, and dancing with him was the best year of your life.

You got accepted to a college with a scholarship, but that would mean leaving Leo. He didn't want to leave the small town, but you would have to in order to go to college.

The thought dawned on you one day when you were crying because of the break up. You two got in a fight because you really wanted to go to college, but you didn't want to leave Leo.

Leo didn't want you to choose, so he just broke it off. You tried to move on. You met a sweet, handsome Italian man named Nico.

You two became friends, and you both developed feelings for each other.

But it just didn't feel the same as when you were together with Leo. You felt complete with Leo. You felt like you were missing your other half.

Meanwhile, Leo missed you. He completely regretted breaking it off with you, and he wanted you back.

He didn't want you back. He needed you back.

He knew where your apartment was, so he decided to visit it soon. First though, he wanted to do something special for you to win you back since you were probably happy with someone else.

He remembered a few months ago when you were joking about you wanting him to write you a song.

Leo thought that he would make that a reality rather than a wish.

He sat down at his desk, grabbed a pencil, and began thinking of words.

After thinking and writing for a few hours, he completed the song.

Leo decided to spill out all of his feelings. He wanted you to know how much you meant to him.

Now that Leo had the lyrics down, he needed to make the guitar chords and rhythm.

After another few hours of work, he completed the song and packed his things to make a trip to your apartment.

---
"Nico, I just don't think it's working out between us. I'm sorry.." You told Nico. You felt really bad for breaking it off, but you didn't want to lead Nico on without having feelings for him.

"It's okay. I understand. I guess I'll just leave now..."

Nico left as you put your head in your hands. Tears slowly began to fall because you realized how much you missed Leo.

A quiet knock was heard at your apartment door. You wiped your tears away and plastered a fake smile on your face.

You opened the door and stood staring. You couldn't believe that Leo was standing in your doorway with his head down.

He looked up and saw your red eyes. He was worried while you stood there, examining how his appearance changed.

After blinking a few times, you wrapped your arms around Leo's neck and buried your face.

Leo wrapped his arms around your torso and kissed your shoulder.

"I missed you so much." You both said at the same time.

You didn't bother to move. You wanted to stay in Leo's arms forever. Tears began to spill out of your eyes because you never realized how much you needed Leo.

"Do you remember a few months ago when you wanted me to write you a song?" Leo whispered.

He felt you nod against his neck. He unwrapped his arms and gently pulled you away from him. He softly kissed you before grabbing his guitar.

He played the first few notes and you immediately fell in love. You fell in more love once he started singing.

Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard
Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far from the stars

And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

I saw that you moved on with someone new
In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you
It's so hard
So hard

And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish I was there with you now
As if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

And I know that it's wrong
That I can't move on
But there's something about you

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room
Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you
Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you

When Leo was finished, he set his guitar down and grabbed your hands in his.

He pulled you close until your noses were touching.

"I need you." Leo whispered.

"I need you too, Leo."