how much can my life change in one summer

I looked around at the people filling the hallways. Their eyes completely missed me as they scanned the hallways looking for their friends. I was the loner , the one most people didn't know existed. The only time anyone ever said my name was when they were making fun of me, or some rumor they made up. If I tried, I know I could be pretty, I've got long, wavy black hair, aqua blue eyes, and I never really needed makeup. I was once a part of the popular crowd, but I got tired of everybody always putting down everyone who wasn't "cool" or "hot". so, I became a loner. I started wearing makeup that I knew looked bad, I always pulled my hair back in a pony tail, even though it bugged me pulled back, and I wore hideous clothes. So, when my mom decided to move across the country to North Carollina, I took it as a chance to start over and be myself. I looked around the hallways, it was the last day of school. I couldn't wait to get out of here. Nevada could be so depressing at times, especially in the summer when it's so hot you can't go outside for days I wasn't going to miss these people, I wasn't going to miss this school, I wasn't going to miss my house, and I certainly wasn't going to miss this state.

*1 month later in Southport, NC*

I loved this time of year; early July, everyone getting in the swing of summertime. This little town was perfect, only a couple minutes from the beach, small enough that you could drive through it in less than 15 minute, but large enough that it had a wal-mart, food lion, and other chain stores you wouldn't expect in a small town. The waterway was a perfect place to relax; just a few minutes from downtown, historic part of town, the people there were quiet, the only problem was that you couldn't get in the water. So, everyday I would cross the bridge and go over to Oak Island to hang out at the beach. Oak Island was so peaceful, and was also a small town, only about 15 miles long.

The new house was amazing. It was a three story old Victorian house. The previous owners had remodeled everything so it had new hardwood floors, new stainless steel appliances and new furniture in every room. The people who remodeled the house were good friends of my dad, so they sold it to us for a cheap price. The neighbors had helped us as soon as we pulled up in our 2007 Honda Pilot. The house was beautiful on the outside and even more pretty on the inside

I spent most days at the beach with my little brother and sister we came down after breakfast and came back after lunch. After lunch, me and my little sister usually went downtown, or just drove around going no where. We had definitely gotten some attention because we were the new family in town, and I guess the fact that I had stopped trying to look ugly might have something to do with it