Chapter Two

Boltz had his paws dangling from the couch as he waited patiently for the humans to arrive. Bulkhead walked over to the controls, about to contact Miko. He typed a few things then turned around with an frustrated look.

  "Something troubling you, Bulkhead?" Doc asked without looking up. "Communication is down," He muttered, slightly frustrated. "Must be a bug, have you tried your com?" Ratchet suggested. Bulk didn't respond but started walking knocking over one of Ratchet's tools.

  "Bulk-" He stopped and realized the tool was back on the console. He narrowed his optics and raised an optic ridge and looked over to the human area to see the Cyberdog missing. His optics widened and searched desperately and stopped when he saw in hovering in the air.

  He sighed in relief. "Must I say, you are quite a lifesaver... if that is how Rafael has put it as," He smiled slightly before heading back to his work.

  Engines were heard from down the tunnel and three vehicles came through. Jack dismounted quickly as Arcee transformed and walked to see what Ratchet was doing. Bumblebee lifted his passenger door and Raf unbuckled his seatbelt and came out. Smokescreen transformed and walked towards the flying dog confused.

  "When we got him?" He asked and rubbed it's helm with his digit. "Say they found him in battle... saved Optimus," Arcee summarized. She walked to the rail and watched Jack and Raf play a video game.

"Where's Miko?" Jack asked and gasped when Raf was beating him. Bulkhead immediately transformed and drove out. "Well there's my answer," He mumbled and leaned as if he were the one driving the car.

Boltz powered off his boosters and dashed to the human area, sitting in between Jack and Raf. They dropped their controls, startled. "Ratchet? Have you put the symbol on Boltz yet?" Jack asked and walked to the rail. "I will do it later," He responded. "I can help!" Rafael said and ran to Ratchet.

"I saw when Ratchet changed the insignia for Optimus when he was.... well out," He said and saw a needle. "Ep Ep Ep, I will get it, we don't need you getting burned," Ratchet warned and called Boltz over. "I'm assuming this later is now," Ratchet muttered.

Raf watched intently as he was almost done. He took a mental note on each step he did and smiled when he finished. It was on it's hind thigh adjacent to it's weapons.

~
Miko hopped out of Bulkhead and dashed to the human area. " Hey Boltzy Woltzy," Miko said and made a pouty face as she petted him. Jack laughed quietly and watched as Miko played with it. "Where's Raf?'' The girl asked and looked around. "Don't know... But I think I saw him and Bee go up top," The teen boy said and pointed up.

  Boltz, Miko and Jack went up to the top and saw Raf sitting by his guardian, in between him and Arcee. "So was Cybertron always in the war?" Rafael asked. Bee beeped and whirred a few times. "Used to be as beautiful as Earth," Arcee mutered and crumbled up some dirt and the wind took it away.

  Boltz ran next to Raf and sat by him, followed by the other two humans and they listened. They looked at the sun as it was high above into the sky. "How many were on Cybertron?" Raf asked almost too quiet for them to hear. "Thousands, more than we have now..." Arcee's voice trailed off into the eerie silence.

  Raf straightened his glasses and wrapped his arm around Bumblebee's digit. Bee beeped and whirred. "Sure Bee," Raf said and got up stumbling and swaying.  His legs felt weak since they had been up for a long amount of time. 

  The boy stumbled back and fell off the ledge.