Casual Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Everything okay?" Evan asked, looking relieved that Chris came in to change the subject. I wasn't forgetting about our conversation though, Evan was always giving and never asking anything in return. I wanted him to be happy too.

"Yeah, everything is fine." Chris reassured him, "You good too, Zoey?" He took a seat beside me, not bothered by the fact that Evan took his desk and didn't look like he was leaving it anytime soon.

"I'm good." I smiled at him.

He got up and walked up to the coatrack, grabbing his jacket and shrugging it on, "I've got everything, we can leave."

Evan got to his feet, "You sure?"

"Yeah."

Walking around the desk Evan reached for my hand again and helped me to my feet as well. We were having a late dinner with Chris, saying goodbye for now. Chris would also eventually stop by in New York. It was Nick and Emily who tied us all together.

***

It had been a long flight, it seemed to last forever since I was so tired yet couldn't fall asleep properly. I think there were too many things on my mind which made me restless. I was yawning beside Evan in a yellow cab, trying hard not to fall asleep then and there. My boyfriend found it hilarious, chuckling when I leaned forward, struggling once more not to let my eyes close.

"You should have slept on the plane, Zo." He was scrolling to his messages, the bright light of his screen glaring at me, hurting my eyes, "Nick is upset we didn't take the car he sent for us."

"He didn't tell us about the car." I yawned, "It was a nice gesture." Ignoring my boyfriend's amusement I leaned closer to him and let my head rest upon his shoulder, "I'll tell him personally and apologize." I told Evan quietly, "Now be a good boyfriend and just get me home safe while I try not to slip into a coma."

"Don't worry." He glanced at me, I could feel his gaze upon my face yet my eyes felt too heavy to open them, "I'll get you home safe." He promised me.

"Thank you."

When we arrived at my apartment Evan helped me out of the cab and took care of our luggage and paid the driver while I waited at the elevator. Holding the elevator while Evan made his way over to me, he quickly rolled both our suitcases in and chuckled when we were safely inside the car, traveling up to my floor. He was staying the night, which I didn't mind at all. We spent so much time together in Tokyo, switching apartments often that it already felt like Evan and I more or less lived together. I think us living in separate apartments now would be something we both had to get used to. Arriving at my floor I headed straight for my apartment at the end of the hallway, unlocking the door and holding it open while Evan rolled our suitcases in, leaving them by the door while he instantly got comfortable. Smiling and suppressing another yawn I did the same. Kicking off my shoes, leaving them by the door and entering the living room, letting Evan do his thing while I made my way to my bedroom.

"You want something to eat or drink?" He called after me.

"I'm heading straight to bed," I called back.

"Okay, night, Zo."

"Night Evan."

Slipping out of my jeans and jacket I left them on the floor, not bothering with cleaning up the place. Crawling into bed in my undies and tees I drifted away the minute my head hit the pillow. I was so tired I didn't even hear it when Evan moved around the apartment, cleaning up after me. When I woke up the next day I noticed though and it embarrassed me, but at the same time made me feel really lucky. I was dating a guy who cared, a lot.