While her dragon dodged and twisted, Akira ducked and struck out when she was told to. She didn't question Redemption's judgment, knowing that the slightest hesitation could mean death. However, Akira was soon finding it harder to keep up, especially with the unceasing attacks and the volume of the battle around her.

Looks like they all want a piece of us, Redemption thought as he turned sharply to the right. An arrow whizzed past from a horseman below.

It's getting worse, Akira thought. Sweat dripped down her forehead. I thought Brandon was going to come with more riders, she added. A second later she felt something clang against the side of her helmet. Luckily the padding inside reduced the sound so it wasn't too hard on her ears. She could only assume an arrow had bounced off. We're swamped! She blocked a blow. Something swished past her face, but she had no idea what it could have been.

Back up is on its way, Redemption grunted. He whirled around and snapped at a dragon that had tried to sneak up behind him.

Using her dragon's vision, Akira's view changed as he turned. While she was limited to seeing what was in his line of vision, she found that she could concentrate on one spot if she so chose. It was through this that she caught sight of Seth the distance of a two dragons' wingspan to her right. He was outnumbered three to one and trying to deflect blow after blow. One rider was cut down while Emerald took care of the dragon. For a moment, he paused and turned to look in Akira and Redemption's direction, his visor hiding his expression. He turned back a moment later to deflect a blow from the front.

Akira's blood ran cold as she saw a rider approach from behind him. Emerald was too busy fighting another dragon to notice. Akira opened her mouth to scream, to warn him. Yet before she could utter a sound the dragon, a dark brown one and his rider were upon him. She watched, frozen in Redemption's saddle, as the rider plunged his sword forward, straight for Seth's back. Emerald tipped to the side to try and avoid a dragon in front. Had she done so a little earlier, it may have saved Seth from the attack from behind.

"Seth!" Akira screamed as the sword sliced through his side as easily as a dragon's claw could rip through fabric. The attacker drew back his sword, ready to plunge it forward once for the finishing blow. Emerald caught on in that moment. However, it was too late for the green dragon to move Seth out of harm's way. Akira watched in horror as the sword plunged forward, this time right towards Seth's heart.

"No!" she screamed. "Ree, we have to help!"

The sword was inches from him when he slipped off the side of Emerald's back. As a result, the sword swiped through empty air. Emerald whirled, trying to dive down towards Seth, but another dragon blocked her path right away. She let out a scream of agony as her rider fell, escaping death one way only to be facing it another.

Akira watched Seth fall past dragons and riders, plunging towards the hard ground below where horsemen awaited him.

Redemption made a move to dive after him, yet almost instantly he found himself facing another attack. Akira sat, frozen as the image of the sword slicing through Seth's side repeated itself again and again in her mind.

Akira? the voice sounded distant.

Seth, he's falling. He's going to die.

Akira! Redemption thought louder. Akira noticed that her vision had gone black. In her shock, she had pulled out of Redemption's mind.

Come on, Akira. Pull yourself together! Redemption growled as an arrow bounced off the armor on his neck.

"Seth," Akira whispered.