Chapter 1

201 years later- 2017
After 3 years of being trapped in that tower, she was had finally been released. The scars on her wrists and ankles had healed. During those 3 years he forced her to watch souls being ripped from men, women, and children. She became numb to the blood, gore, and death he showed her. He showed her how to take someone's soul and send it to him and now he had sent her back to earth to begin bringing souls to Death. She had been trained and was now ready to begin her new life. She had already been his Angel of Death for 200 years and had captured 1,000 souls. 10 of which were Brad's descendants.
She walked along the stone path towards the man who had gambled with Death and lost. She had a dagger hidden in the folds of her dress that Death had gotten her. It was midnight black without sleeves and the skirt fell to the ground and had a silver belt hanging loosely around her waist. Her newest mark from Death was completely visible on her back. It was a very simple swirl design and every 50 years she was with Death, a new tattoo would appear. She now had 4. She got one her first day in the tower, she got one going up her forearm 50 years later which was a loop going around her arm to her elbow where it ended in a swirl, and then 50 years after that she got a heart on her collarbone with a bullet hole through it and it was torn and a little shattered.
She purposely swayed her hips back and forth as she walked by him. He straightened up and looked her up and down. Her skin crawled with distaste but she ignored it as she continued on making sure to punctuate each sway, highlighting every curve. She heard shoes on the concrete walking quickly towards her. She smiled and slowed down so that he could catch up. An arm slid around her waist and she fought to keep from vomiting. He whispered in her ear.
"Hello beautiful," he drawled, drawing out the "l" and "o" in hello.
She put on a charming, seductive smile and turned in his arm so that they were facing each other. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed herself against his chest. He grinned devilishly and put his arms around her with his hands resting just above her butt. She curled a lock of his hair around her finger.
"Yes?" She asked leaning in closer.
He brought one hand up and around the back of her neck, holding her head as she leaned back so he was supporting her neck and head. He brought his lips down to hers in a deep, passionate kiss. She didn't back away. She grabbed his shirt in her fists and began to pull him back. She purposely fell backwards so that they were hidden in the trees. She released his shirt and reached into her skirt to pull out her dagger. She rearranged herself underneath him as he continued to kiss her. She wrapped one leg around the back of one of his and rolled him over so that she sat on top of him with the dagger in her hand. His hair was disheveled and his shirt was wrinkled. He looked at her in shock and his eyes went to the dagger in her hand. Terror filled his eyes and he began to struggle beneath her. She raised the dagger over her head in a sacrificial way.
"You gambled with Death and now you will pay the price."
She brought the dagger down and plunged it into his heart. The air left his lungs in a big whoosh and his eyes began to glaze over. She removed the dagger and laid it on the ground. She held her hand over his chest and closed her eyes. His soul slowly left his body and filled her. It fought her but it was trapped in her hallow body. She wiped her knife on the man's shirt and put it back into the folds of her skirt. She stood up and brushed herself off. She walked along the rest of the path back to the cave that lead to Death's kingdom.
The path to Death's lair had changed drastically over the 200 years she had been with him. Mystical trees now grew that he had planted. They cast a faint blue light in the cave that lit the stone path that was lined with skulls. Small black butterflies fluttered around her, leaving a black misty trail behind them. She stepped through a circle of light that revealed her wings so that she could use them. She stretched them out and flapped them a couple of times. She then extended them and flew to Death's castle to bring him his prize.