Part 6

"C'mon Xavier, move those legs!" Haven shouted at the top of her lungs.

She watched in her small television box, Xavier gliding through the rain and passing the ball to the striker for him to take the shot. The striker took and he was passing through the defense men to shoot. At the end moment, one of the opponents slide-tackled the striker and he lost his chance. Haven growled in exasperation and sat back in her seat. 

It was game day for Xavier as he was a forward on the soccer team at their university. All games were broadcasted live on television and since Haven was not feeling well, she decided to stay in and watch on television. Of course Xavier tried to persuade her to come, but she was adamant on not getting a fever this time. Yes, this happened before and it wasn't pretty for neither Haven nor Xavier.

There was about four minutes left in the game and their university was in lead by 4-2. One of goals was shot by her brother while the rest were shot by the captain. She wasn't able to see because the signal of the t.v. was lost for most part of the game; all she knew when the signal returned was that they were in the lead.

To top it off, the cameras were dirty, making the quality horrible. The only way she knew her brother had the ball was through the presenters' voices.

Haven snuggled into her pillow while sitting criss-cross in her pajamas. She took a spoonful of mint chip ice cream and sighed. "Oh the life."

"The life my butt!" Ace scoffed.

In the midst of everything, Haven forgot Ace was with her.

"How much longer do I have to hold the wires cupcake? My arms are starting to hurt," Ace whined as he held onto the wires of the cable box. His stomach let out a large growl as he pouted at her.

His pout became bigger. "Cupcakes, oh it feels like centuries since I last ate something."

He was holding the wires in place for about half an hour so that Haven could watch the soccer game. Haven was in the middle of popping in another spoon of ice-cream when she froze mid-way. Her eyes widened as she slowly put her spoon down.

She put away her ice cream and quickly kneeled down in front of a crouched up Ace.

"Just about three more minutes," She ran her hand through his hair.

Ace's number one weakness was someone playing with his hair. He said it made him feel tingly inside.

Ace sighed and moved his hand slightly. Suddenly, the screen became black. That slight action caused the signal to be lost again. Both of them froze, their eyes wide.

Ace slowly looked at Haven, his eyes wide. "Haven calm, sweetie calm."

Haven was taking large breaths and chanting to herself  "stay calm."

She threw her head back and yelled a large and dragging "NOOO". She then put her face in her hands and sat still. Ace moved so he was sitting criss-cross in front of her. He shook her slightly for a reaction. When she didn't respond, he poked her in the stomach. She flinched slightly but gave nothing away as Ace grew more guilty.

He pulled her into his lap and spoke to her carefully. "I'm sorry cupcake, but look on the bright side, there were only two minutes until the game ended. It was obvious that they will win."

When she didn't speak, he continued, "besides, you knew what you were getting yourself into when you started to play with my hair; you know how I get, you can't blame me sweetie."

Haven slowly removed her hands and looked at Ace with a condescending look. "A lot can happen in the last minutes." She told him slowly.

"Sorry?" He offered meekly. Ace slowly placed her off his lap and stood up to walk towards the front door.