War Against Time

Snow laid her head on Ross’ shoulder as they walked through the snow on their way to the White Residence. The snow had stopped falling but there was still a large chill in the air. Ross felt Snow shiver once and he tried to warm her with his arm but the cold was over powering. Snow was still weak, Ross could tell. Snow wasn’t 100% yet and for some reason he didn’t think she’d be for a while. The White Residence came into view and Ross saw a little bit of Snow in it’s character. Soft, flawless and…well Snow. Ross, with Snow’s head still on his shoulder led her through the front door and into the living room. Ross stopped in his tracks and the sight of a women who could’ve been Snow’s mother.

“Mom?” Snow asked the women in black standing awkwardly like she was afraid or surprised

“Snow..” she said as a whisper as if trying to hide it from Ross. “I’ve missed you so much. I thought you’d be dead already.” she said

“You say that like it’s bad I’m alive..” Snow bit and took a stumbled step away from Ross.

“Well, I’ve been keeping in touch with Ruby since you left, and she said she was going to hurt you. That’s why I came back as soon as I could. I couldn’t let you..”

“Let me do what?” Snow asked. She had noticed her mothers bags were un packed and everything. She wasn’t a big fan of her mothers to begin with.

“Let you die..but thats not important..who is this?” she asked and looked at Ross who was thinking if finding a way out of there quickly.

“This is Ross Knight. Him and his brothers took me in before Ruby tried killing me.” Snow said in a bitter way.

“I think we should go.” Ross said but Snow just wanted to argue with get mother. It seemed everything wrong Snow’s mother did happened in this very moment. “I really think we should go.” he repeated as her mother stepped forward.

“I should have told you what was going on to begn with..” her mother said and looked down. The moment was awkward for Ross. Snow stood prepared for anything, but not what her mother said next. “Your cursed.” she said and tucked her auburn hair behind her ear.

“I’m what?” Snow asked simply,

“Your father, he didn’t love me. At all. He had magic in him like your sister does and do you. He put a curse on you that you would never find love. One reason I put you in an all girls school. If you ever were to find love something terrible would happen.” her mother said with a sense of command in her voice.

“Like what?” Snow asked with a more distraught tone to her which made Ross even more uneasy. He wanted to hold Snow but he knew stopping the conversation would ruin it all.

“I don’t know. He never told me. I guess this moon thing is what he mean’t.”

“We have to stop it. I love him mother. I’m not denying or letting you do anything about him. Fix it.” she said and walked over to Ross. Snow’s mother looked down hesitantly but nodded. It was more of a reassuring nod to herself that she could do it. 

Snow took Ross’ hand and grabbed the ready bag she had for if he were to runaway. This childish thing she did when she was upset. Maybe it came in handy. Snow walked out of her house and back to the Knight house. 

They walked in and the house had been cleaned. The foo had been fixed and the couch was no longer covered in sheets and throws. Marco was at the computer and everyone else was gathered around the living room and dining room. Alex and Chase were playing chess. Alex was winning.

“You okay?” Erik asked, immediately sensing something off.

“I’m fine. I just need some rest.” she replied

“Rest? You’ve been asleep for days.” Alex perked up trying to brighten the moment. Snow bared a smiled and followed it with a chuckle.

“Oddly, I think my sleep, made me sleepier.” she said and shook her head

“Sleep well.” Matez said even though he knew his words might not have mattered.

“Thanks.” Snow said and walked to Er- well her own room and slid into the bed not even bothering with her clothes. Ross came in and joined her. They snuggled together as Snow replayed the encounter with her mother.

“Quit thinking.” Ross whispered into Snow’s ear. She shivered at his breath. It was cold and soulless. Something was off but she loved him. He risked so much. How could she judge?