S⃣olutions

Ed makes his way to Roy's office after debating on it, but realized what they had to discuss had to do with his condition. He enters Roy's office, knowing the drill and locking the door.

"What is it this time? Got another lead that I'll fail and you'll lecture me about?" Ed asks him sarcastically, Roy shaking his head and sighing a bit annoyed.

"No. This is regarding the leads though. I'm done looking for them and sending you on missions for more information on it." Roy stated bluntly. Ed's eyes widen in surprise.

"What?! So you're just giving up?!"

"I'm not finished. I know how much you love to barge in before I finish my statements. I'm not giving you anymore leads because as you keep sarcastically stating, you fail them. So what's the point? I'm done looking into it. Everything about it, neither of us have to keep searching for it." He told him, Ed becoming confused.

"What? Why can't I look into it?" He asks him.

"Because, there's nothing else on it that'll be of use to you." He told him.

"Is that it?" He asks him, wanting to get out of his office as soon as possible, by wanting to be in the same room as Roy.

"No. You're not leaving until you finish what you wanted to tell me yesterday. And I'll finish what I wanted to say. It's not like you can leave either." He said, standing from sitting in his chair.

"Don't forget, the lock's inside. I can easily leave." Ed said, looking at him as if, challenging him.

"Correct, but you'd be leaving a superior who didn't dismiss you. Your move..." he said, looking at him with an equally as challenging glare. Ed huffed in defeat.

"...fine." He said, walking up to Roy's desk until he was standing in front of him.

"Now finish what you wanted to tell me the night before. This will be how I make it up to you. This will be my apology. Letting you finish what you started." He said, Edward sighed before speaking.

"Good. As I said that night before you decided to ignore me, was that I might've had feelings for you. Ever since you told me that you were the same as I was, I couldn't stop thinking about how close you were to me. I couldn't help but imagine using that same voice towards me while doing something inappropriate. I mean, after thinking about such dirty things I touched myself for the first time in years. I thought about you while doing that to myself. My heart was racing. Beating out of my chest when I realized I liked you. And for a quick second when I confessed to you I almost saw color. But then it disappeared once I said that my feelings changed. So that must mean that soulmate crap was real. But how? I saw it for a split second, then it went away." He explained to Roy, chuckling a bit.

"Wow. So open and forward. Admitting that you've touched yourself. This must be some serious feelings." He said with a smirk.

"Are you serious?! That all you have to say?! Well, of course that's what you'd say, you perverted bastard!" Roy raised his hands in surrender.

"Calm down Ed. No need to get defensive. To answer your question, you saw color because your feelings were two sided. Then it faded because you changed your feelings and it became one sided. One sided love makes your color vision disappear."

"Wait. It was two sided? So that means..."

"I'm not done. And if you're saying it means that I like you, then yes, you'd be correct. I like you back. I've liked you back for a long time. I was just waiting for you to make our feelings two sided. Congrats. Our feelings are the same."