"But it keeps me so mysterious," I teased.

"I'm a mind reader. I like to know what people are thinking," Edward told me.

"I like to keep an air of mystery," I said. "Besides, I thought you might enjoy the peaceful quiet with me around."

Edward kissed my temple, taking me by surprise at the show of affection. "I was thinking about what you brought up the other day, about us dating."

"Yeah?" I said hungrily, wanting to hear what he was about to say. "What about it?"

"I don't see why we can't put it out in the open that we're a couple," Edward said.

"We're a couple?" I repeated what he just said, wondering if he knew what he was saying.

"If you want to be," he told me.

I nodded my head quickly. "Yes, I want to be."

"I may not be able to read your mind, but I thought so." Edward chuckled, pulling me into a hug. "Now, what shall we do about, Trevor?"

I closed my eyes because I wasn't sure what to do about Trevor. All I can think to do is wait, and see what he does. At the same time, I can't just sit here and wait.

"I wish we knew what he was going to do," I said.

Edward squeezed me lightly, and let me go to look down at me. "I can listen around for him. He could just be waiting around us for the perfect moment to attack."

"Maybe he's waiting for you," I told him.

"He could be," Edward agreed but grinned at me. "And I don't think he knows that I can read his mind."

"So you'll be one step ahead of him," I said happily.

"Of course," Edward said.

I grabbed a hold of his hand, smiling at the warmth it provided. I traced a vein from his hand to his inner elbow. I looked up at his face, noticing how his eyes seemed to have widened. He flashed me a smile before taking my hand and going outside.

He lowered a little, as if expecting me to climb onto his back, and looked back at me. "Get on."

"What?" I laughed. "I can run just fine on my own."

"I know, but you don't know where we're going, and it'll be easier this way," Edward told me.

I frowned at him, but got on his back anyways, feeling just a bit ridiculous. I released a small hold on his power so he could hear my thoughts, letting him know how this made me feel, and I heard him chuckle. I was about to tell him off, but he suddenly started running. I watched as the trees passed us in beautiful greens, and I looked up to see the rarely-seen sun peeking through the clouds.

I didn't have to wonder long about where we were going, because Edward stopped at the entrance of a meadow. I got off his back, never taking my eyes off the sight before me. The trees formed around the meadow to make a perfect-sized bowl filled with violet, yellow, and white wildflowers. I could even hear the soft sound of a bubbling brook close by.

I looked at Edward, who was staring at me, watching for my reaction. I stepped out into the meadow, looking at the streaks of light that streamed through the leaves. I stopped before the line of sunlight, sticking my hand into it. My skin sparkled like diamonds, showing how different I was from humans. With a smile, I looked up to see Edward standing directly in the sun, his skin sparkling just like mine. 

"It's beautiful here," Edward said to me.

I brought my hand out of the sunlight and smiled at him. "Very beautiful. I'd say the most beautiful place in Forks."

"I like to come here to think," Edward told me.

"I can see why," I said, looking around the meadow once more before lying down. I grabbed Edward's hand, forcing him to lie down with me.

"Alice has been very secretive lately," Edward said suddenly. "I think she knows more than she's letting on."

I turned my head to look at him. "I don't think Alice would hide anything important from you."

"I like to think the same thing, but that doesn't mean she won't. I know she cares for the people around her, and she's the most unselfish person I know. But I still can't help but feel like she's seen something that she's not revealing to me," Edward told me.

"You would know if she was," I pointed out to him. 

"Alice knows better than anyone how to hide things from me," Edward said bitterly. 

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're being dramatic. Besides, what could she possibly be hiding from you? We know Trevor's up to something, and even though we don't know exactly what it is, we at least know that small part of information."

"That's exactly it, though! Alice has such detailed visions. How can she not know what's going to happen? She has to know more than she's letting on," Edward said. 

In a flash, I was up and standing over him with my hands on my hips. "Then how about you go home, and talk to her!"

He looked up at me in surprise. "I- Why should I? She shouldn't be withholding information!"

"You're 104 years old!" I scoffed at him. "Act like it."

Edward scowled. "I'll act however I see fit."

"Look at you, Edward Cullen, acting like a teenage boy." I mocked him.

"What is your problem?" Edward growled at me, his face turning hard as stone.

"Edward, that is your sister you're complaining about! I don't even see what your problem is with her! She is the sweetest, most caring person I have ever met. Yet, from what I've seen so far, you treat her like dirt, and I have no idea why. If she can't help, then that's okay. If she can help, then that's even better. But you need to stop acting so childish!" I screeched at him. "I should be asking what your problem is."

"She isn't my sister by blood." Was the first thing that Edward said, not looking at me. "My problem is that I'm sure she's not telling me something, and I want to know what it is."

"Then you need to talk to her about it!" I snapped.

Edward quickly stood up, still not looking at me. He stood there for a few minutes, not saying anything, just seeming to think. Finally, he turned to look at me and said, "You're right, and I'm sorry I acted the way I just did."

"It's okay," I said, smoothing my hair down in an attempt to appear calm. "How about you take me home? You can talk to Alice after you drop me off."

"If that's what you'd like," Edward said, readying himself for me to get back on his back.

I walked past him. "I think I can do just fine on my own."

I'm hoping you guys are enjoying the story so far! I think there may be just a few more chapters until I'm done!!!!