Chapter 4- Till You Come Back Home

Start from the beginning

"I want donuts for breakfast" Snow quipped as Brutus slid into the black Lamborghini. He immediately started towards the nearest Dunkin' and glanced at Snow from his seat. She stared out the window, bottom lip sucked under her teeth- seeming to be thinking about something worrying. 

"I've decided to change your role. You're going to be with me constantly- as a sort of P.A, but more of a figurehead. Women aren't seen much in my business, so people will want to go head to head with you. You'll be given the odd job- but most of your time will be spent with me" 

Snow considered this. "So I won't have to do shit most of the time and be paid for it?" 

Brutus' lips tilted up, "Yes. In a sense." 

She tilted her head back and forth, eyes narrowing. "I'm not an on-call pussy. And pay me less since I'm not doing actual work" 

Brutus mentally nodded, like for her growing. "I'll pay you how much I want to pay you. But, we can negotiate terms of payment in relation to work." He pulled into Dunkin' Donuts, taking her silence as an agreement, and getting out of the car. 

She came beside him, heat radiating off her onto him. "I suppose you need me to ward off any whores that want to fuck you silly" 

Her reasoning was sound and also correct. She took his silence for a yes and grabbed his arm, throwing it over her shoulder. He raised his brows at the movement, surprised she even initiated contact. 

"You ain't gonna convince anyone if they don't see at least one part of you touching me. You're a possessive, intense man who needs touch to validate a relationship- at the very least closeness." She shrugged a shoulder after her psychoanalysis. "I don't mind. You're hot as fuck and are paying me" And she didn't mind the contact. It had been a while since she let anyone close enough to touch her. 

Brutus was more than satisfied with the arrangement, moving his hand lower and around her waist, pulling her to him tightly in one swift movement. When a small gasp erupted from her, he let himself smile and walk into the store. 

She seemed to already know what she wanted and pulled him to the counter, leaning back onto Brutus' chest in an endearing, and possessive movement. She had noticed the flock of looks he recieved from the women and men. 

"Four Chocolate Butternut Donuts, two chocolate dipped french donuts, A box of powdered munchkins, a large iced peach tea and an extra large espresso." She then turned to Brutus, hands on his biceps. "You getting anything?" 

Brutus never thought eating a fuckload could be attractive, but on her- it damn fucking was. "Large Americano." 

Snow turned back to the employee and raised a brow. "Get my fucking donuts before I cut you for staring at my boyfriend" The snarl in her voice was low and deathly, making the attendant rush off quickly. Brutus creeped an arm around her front, pulling her back towards his chest and leaning down to her ear. 

"I think I'm going to like this" 

Snow didn't reply, but she knew she would too. 

************

Felix was at the front desk when Brutus and Snow arrived- Snow attached to his hip like a barnacle on a ship. 

"Brutus. Hi Snow" 

She inclined her head, chugging back a still-hot espresso and two munchkins. "How's your dad?" 

Felix shrugged, eyes flicking up off his computer screen for half a second. "Still in care. Your mum?" 

"Still in care." 

A pang of annoyance swept through Brutus, the little blonde haired boy knew more about his Snow than he did. And she was his Snow. Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts, with a raised brow and questioning face. "You gonna show me around?" 

He gave her  a smirk and lit a cigarette, walking into the biggest warehouse on their 500 acre compound. Men and women stopped in their tracks, all lean and obviously in a fear-admire relationship with Brutus. He raised a hand to allow them all to continue working- all setting in straight away. 

And then Snow saw it- the obvious looks and appreciative glances he was getting from less-than-subtle women and men standing near him. 

"Why don't you just fire them?" 

"Can't. Those specific people are the ones that know the formula inside and out" 

Snow gave him a look. "Why don't you just hire some college students taking chemistry or some shit. They'll want the extra cash and will know this shit like the back of their hands" 

Brutus had to give it to her- Snow was smarter than she seemed. He flicked a hand at one of his men near him, getting him on the case immediately. Snow's hands drifted up and around his neck, an obvious show of possession and attraction. 

Brutus stiffened, not used to being touched, but relaxed into her heated hold, suppressing the urge too shudder at her grip. She stood on her tip toes and moved her mouth to his ear. 

"it still wouldn't hurt to show them what they can't have" Her purr almost made him lose control, lose to the blood rushing through him, lose to the pulse of want. He wrapped his arms around her slight waist, moving one to the firm roundness of her ass and pulling her up in one swift motion. 

"You don't look like the type to be this touchy" 

She crossed her legs around him and leaned back, a pondering look on her angular face. "I'm not. It seems like with you, I am" 

Brutus tightened his arm around her, letting the male satisfaction roll off him in waves. He strode through the warehouse with her twirled around him like a snake and came to a secure room at the back of it. 

He needed to settle something- and quickly. It had only been a day- fucking day for God's sake- and Brutus didn't like that he was already so invested in the pale girl. One who put him so close to losing control- of his mouth, his own anger and his want. 

He sat her down on the desk and stood in front of her, gritting his teeth. Snow just stared, face washing blank. 

"Fuck. I've changed my mind. You're not going to be with me- you're going to go with Dominic to find new recruits. Leave." 

He saw something flash through her eyes- too unreadable and muddled to understand- but she didn't yell or shout or show a hint of anger. Snow just got up and walked out, leaving a trail of ice in her wake.