Chapter 7

Harry felt that his body was returning to normal, but he was still weak. When they headed back to Hogwarts, Harry was forced to get help up the stairs and had to often take breaks. Ron obviously volunteered to help originally because of their similar schedules, but Dumbledore chose Draco to help Harry around.

"Draco, ouch! That hurts!" Harry snapped weakly at Draco when Draco had one arm around Harry's waist and the other holding Harry's arm over his shoulder to hoist him up the staircase. Draco hated hearing that he was hurting Harry, but soon realized that Harry was in pain constantly and it wasn't only him who was hurting Harry.

Harry often snapped at Draco, now and always looked displeased. Draco was puzzled by this because Harry was the only one he let see his non-arrogant side and now it seemed Harry was pushing him away.

Draco was helping Harry up some stairs to his Transfiguration class one day and Harry snapped at him again. Draco had been pushed past his breaking point of cruel remarks. "Fine, walk yourself up the stairs then!" Draco felt a tear run down his cheek and fled back down the staircase. Harry grabbed for the railing, but was to weak to keep himself up and fell to his knees. Draco bumped into multiple people who gave him dirty looks as he reached through the corridors. He refused to let anyone see him cry so he ran straight into the bathroom where he locked the door behind him. "Colloportus!" He cried in an almost plea full way and slid down the door, onto the bathroom floor with his knees to his chest and his head to his knees. Draco was sick of feeling like a disgrace and wished for his parents to accept him and for Harry to return back to his safe haven.

Suddenly there was flush from one of the stalls and Draco realized he wasn't alone. Out of the stall came Hermione who looked at him for a moment angrily, but it soon turned to pity. "I-I thought I was in the boy's bathroom!" Draco said trying to appear as if he wasn't crying, but didn't rise from the floor.

"What's the matter, Draco?" Hermione asked kindly. "Is it about Harry?"

"Yeah, I've gotten sick of him snapping at me. I know this is all my fault, but he doesn't have to yell at me all the time." Draco said trying to appear as if he didn't care, but it was clear that he did. "H-Hermione, why do you think he bled like that?"

"Er—well, Draco, I don't know any facts on why, but my assumption is because he didn't truly love you." Hermione responded and avoided his eyes as she said this.

"W-What?" Draco asked, now trying even harder to hold back tears.

"I'm not saying it's true! I was just thinking because he can kiss others when he pleases, but only bled for you." Hermione awkwardly stated before walking up to Draco, slightly pushing him out of the way and opening the door. "Alohomora!" With that she was gone.

Draco laid where she had pushed him, stunned and hurt. He didn't bother to seal the door, but laid his head down and allowed himself to cry more than he was before. "Ah!" A boy screamed in agony from outside and Draco jumped up, opened the door, stepped out and saw in front of the bathroom Harry writhing in pain on the ground once again. All the students seemed to have been in class and the corridor's classrooms seemed to have been deserted. Draco ran and kneeled down next to Harry who was bleeding again and looked like he was in true agony. Draco felt obligated to inform the boy, despite being angry with him and as quickly as a hare, placed his lips onto Harry's for a short kiss. Instantly, Harry stopped writhing and relaxed. Draco lifted his head to see that the blood was gone and the scar had sealed again. Harry was smiling and slowly opened his eyes to look at Draco. "D-Draco, Hermione t-told me what her assumption was about us a few days ago and I-I must admit she was correct." Harry weakly muttered and Draco felt his heart sink in his chest. "At least it was true back then, but from the moment I heard your voice in Grimmauld Place I've found it's silky coolness attractive, you eyes enlightening and your compassion towards me amazing! True, I didn't love you, but I love you now Draco. Please forgive me." Harry said and Draco watched a tear trickle down his cheek.

Draco placed his head onto Harry's chest and tears streamed down as quickly as water from Niagara Falls. "Of course I'll forgive you!" He cried and it was the only words he could get himself to say so he repeated it too many times to count.

Harry placed hand onto Draco's head softly. "I love you and I can't wait to continue to love you for as long as I live, Draco Malfoy." Harry said and meant as he closed his eyes to relax for a moment and listened to Draco's now joyful weeping.