Chapter 3 - two months later

It had been almost two months since I went to the hospital, and since than a lot had changed. Well, people were still picking on me at school, and  I was still sad and pessimistic, but when I thought about the fact that I was gonna see Brian and the rest of the boys very soon, life suddenly got better. I even stopped cutting myself as much as I did before. So yeah, I was doing pretty well considering my previous situation. Life still wasn't great, but at least I had a reason to live now.

But suddenly, right when things had started getting better, the day before the concert, it happened.
I was at school, talking to my friend about the fact that I was going to meet the Backstreet Boys, and right after we said goodbye and headed to our own class, a group of girls came towards me. It was those always bullying me. "Oh no!" I thought, feeling that something bad was going to happen, but what they did to me wasn't just bad. It was purely evil.
At first they started picking on me as they usually do, calling me names, spitting on me and everything.
But then, the worst happened. One of the girls said, in a sarcastic tone:"I heard tomorrow you're going to see that amazing boyband... the Crapstreet Boys!" The others laughed, and before I could even defend myself, that girl pushed me against the wall, punched me in the face a couple of times and while I was distracted she pulled down my jeans and my underwear, then she hit me in the stomach, causing me to fall onto the ground, in pain. Then, they ran away leaving me there, alone, half naked and incapable of doing anything. A couple of students passed by; boys giggling and girls making a disgusted face and calling me a b***h.
I couldn't take it anymore. As soon as I got enough strength I got up, put my panties and trousers back on and I ran away. I just wanted to escape from that place where I had been deprived of my dignity thousands of times. I was done.

I rushed into a park not so far from the school, hid myself behind a bush, kneed down and cried.
Then, I took the scissors out of my school bag and started doing what I hadn't done in weeks. I started cutting myself, but after a couple of cuts, I don't know how, I found the strength to stop. I started crying again, watching a small drop of blood runnong down my arm.
Then, suddenly, I heard some footsteps behind me. "Oh God, was someone following me?" I thought, gasping.
"Hey...are you ok?" A voice asked.
I raised my eyes, and I couldn't believe what I saw. Or better, who I saw.