Chapter 49 - I'm Not Sorry!

Start from the beginning

"My mouth is closed", he said and I chukled. I got up and walked over to the window frame and looked outside. Our college playground was visible from here and student were practicing football.

Austin came and stand next to me. I glanced at his side and then again directed my eyes to watch the play. I glanced at my watch, it was still twenty minutes left for the lecture to end and college to fill with students.

"I wanna confess something, Nicole", I heard Austin saying. I looked at him but he wasn't looking at me, his eyes were focused outside in infinity.

"Sure", I said.

"I wanna confess about that kiss", he said looking at me and it made me feel embarrassed.

"I.. can we.. umm", I started stuttering. Damit, way to be strong Nicole.

"At least you can allow me one explanations after I saved you from those morons", Austin said.

Look whose talking? He ran with me, he didn't saved me, my mind said.

But I tied my tongue inside my mouth and stop it from throwing back any sarcastic comment so I just played safe and give him a nod. He nod in response and again looked outside.

"I just wanna tell you that I didn't kissed you out of any revenge or for hurting you. I kissed you because I wanted to", he said last past looking at me and my breath hitched inside my throat.

"I know", I said looking away from him.

"You know? How?", He asked with a frown.

Can say I read you eyes, said my inner self.

"I don't know", I lied.

"Can I ask you something?", He asked.

"Hmm", I hummed.

"Why did you kiss me back?", He asked looking at me completely now. I remained silent for few seconds.

Why did I kissed him back? I thought.

Because he's a good kisser and it was your first kiss, replied my mind.

But I can't say that to him, I replied it back.

Yeah, he's way too cocky and it will increase his ego bigger than moon, it replied.

"I'm waiting", Austin said bringing me out of my trance.

I glanced at my watch and only five minute were left for class to end, so I took it as a cue to leave.

"We should leave now", I said and moved towards the door but he holds my hand from behind.

"Please give me an answer before leaving", he said from behind.

Ok, enough Nicole. You can answer him, it's not a big deal. I mean it's a big deal for you but you can't let him think that it's a big deal.

"I kissed you back because it was my first kiss", I said looking at him.

"I know it's your first kiss with me but you didn't hit me and didn't even punched me also, whilst you hate me so much but you kissed me back, why?", he said with a frown not leaving my hand.