2

She heard a car pull up about 30 minutes later thankfully she had made the meal he wanted just the way he liked it. He came through the door and straight through into the kitchen didn't even look in her direction .

After he made the meal he went into the living room and stood in front of Connie. "You ok hunny?" She asked politely he didn't need another excuse to hurt her "I'm fine...see the brats gone to bed then?" She hated it when he called her daughter a brat really got under her skin. "She has, went to sleep a while ago." "Good now who's Jacob?" "He's a nurse in the ED why?" "Because he was asking after you what did you tell him!" Austin said firmly "I nearly fainted at work because I didn't eat breakfast he probably wanted to know if I was ok." She replied being careful not to raise her voice. "Are you sure you know what happens when you lie!" "I promise." "LIER!" He screamed. He grabbed her by her hair and pinned her against the wall "You know what happens when you lie don't you?" "Y...yes." She said terrified of what lengths he would go to this time. He slapped her round the face four times "That's for lying to me now tell me the truth!"  His grip on her wrist becoming stronger "That is the truth." He gave her another four slaps around the face before she fell to the floor in fear. He got his car keys and left.

She sat on the floor hugging her knees with tears streaming down her face. 'It could of been worse' she thought to herself. She got up and made her way to her daughters room and looked round the door to see her daughter sleeping peacefully none of the wiser of what just happened.

I hope you liked this chapter I'll update soon -phoebe xx