"Wow, since when are you so good at these?" I asked, surprised, as I looked into her bright green eyes intently.

"I always am. I just didn't show it," She continued speaking after a small pause. "It's a secret talent," she added with a failed wink.

Instead of laughing out loud at her failed attempt of winking, I bit my lower lip to stifle a laugh that was about to escape my lips.

I just gave her a blank look and gestured for her to get into the car.

"Just get in the car Costello."

"Fine," She said. "But just so you know, I'm getting into the car because I want to, definitely not because you told me to," She told me and I clearly noted how she emphasised the word 'not' before climbing into the car unwillingly.

"Good girl," I teased with the thought of ruffling her dark hair but didn't in the end.

"Don't you dare..." She grumbled under her breath as she narrowed her eyes at me, trying to look scary but she looks like a harmless bunny instead.

"Alright, alright," I quickly said while raising my arms up in mock surrender, without commenting on how cute I thought she looked.

"Where are we going?" She asked curiously as soon as I got into the car and started driving.

"My house?" I suggested as I kept my eyes fixed on the road ahead of me.

"Your house?" She asked with a tone of disbelief and shocked. It was only then did I realised she had never been to my house.

"Yeah, I mean my parents are not home and I thought maybe we could..." I joked.

"JAX MERICO!" She exclaimed loudly and smacked me in my arm. If I looked closely, I could see the slight blush on her face.

"What?" I asked smugly as I turned to look at her when the car came to a stop at he traffic junction. "I wanted to say that we could study since it will be quiet," I added as I gave her one of my most innocent looks.

"Hmph," She muttered and turned around to look out of the window as we past by rows of trees.

"Aw come on," I cooed as I ruffled her hair, making her turn around almost instantly.

"Don't ever mess with my hair," I warned as she glared at me.

"I do whatever I want to do," I replied smugly as I continued to mess up her hair.

"I won't kill you because you are driving right now. But you better watch your back later," She retorted, shooting me a 'I'm going to kill you so badly, you are going to regret what you did' look.

"Sure," I drawled as I let a cheeky smile fall on my face.

I soon reached the destination I had in mind and found a good shady spot to park my car at. A small smile was on my face as I thought about the cheese burger I am going to have in a while.

"Erm Jax?" I heard Shailey called out to me.

"Yeah?"

"Where are we?" She asked as I watched how her curious eyes scanned the surroundings.

"For lunch!" I chirped happily, excited about the thought of food, more specifically, the best cheese burger I have ever tasted in my life.