"Ma, what up? This better not be you just being over dramatic again."Samantha had a tendency of blowing things over proportion. Anthony took note of that and realized that majority of the time she was just being over the top. Sometimes, Anthony doesn't even bother to really care for what his mother has to worry about. He was beginning to think of her as a prolonging sequence of 'The Girl Who Cried Wolf.'

Samantha held her head down rubbing her fingers against her temple. Her fleece sweater wrapped around her tightly as the cold air was beginning to flow through her. "Anthony stop being cold hearted. Your little brother just overdosed and had a seizure. I found him shaking on the bathroom floor. Have a grain of sympathy, even if you two aren't seeing eye to eye. There's only two of you guys left." Samantha scolded her son. Anthony by far had to be the most uncaring one out of all of her kids. If he didn't feel that type of sadness for you ,he couldn't change that and ge definitely couldn't force it out of him. It's not that he doesn't love or care for his baby brother, he just feels like the choices Aven make are senseless and selfish.

He thinks Aven acts this way because he's spoon fed and babied all of the time. Samantha bundles Aven closer to her than Anthony because she knows that Anthony is much more stronger and emotionally fit to handle his own while Aven is delicate and needs way more guidance. At the age Aven is now, Aaron and Anthony was making their own money and supporting themselves. Aven slouches around and expects everything to happen magically. Samantha finds no problem with this, but Anthony feels that Samantha babying him only holds Aven from becoming the man he needs to be.

Letting out a sigh once again, his hands run down his face. "What was he on?"Aven had a huge drug problem that Samantha tried her best to shelter from the outside world. Aven's resort to drugs happened two months after Aaron got shot. He uses it as a crutch to have his guilt washed away. Samantha was under the impression that Aven had stopped his drug use a long time ago, in her head, her child was running around town more sober than ever. Anthony knew that Aven was back on the same ole' shit yet he decided not to alarm his mother. He wanted Aven to catch an under the belt blow from reality so he could catch a grip of himself and it had done just that.

Swallowing the lump that was forming in the center of her cracked and dry throat, she shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know Anthony, I don't know a damn thing about that stuff."It was true, Samantha had to be the closest thing left to a saint. She heard nothing bad, seen nothing bad and most of all she's done absolutely nothing bad. Despite the fact that her kids has done nothing, but bad things, she's remained sane and refrained from doing just as much awful things that they have.

Rubbing his hand against the back of his neck, he shook his head. "Ma', I really don't know what to tell you right now, you fendin' for yo' self at this moment because Aven never fuckin' learn."Although it wasn't intentional to sound so harsh to his mother, but that's exactly how it came off. It's was like Anthony had no compassion for his brother at all, but that wasn't the case. Anthony just knew that you can't help somebody when they feel like they know everything in the world. But, what he didn't consider was the fact that Samantha already felt alone with her husband and eldest son gone so if she lost her youngest son who stayed underneath her for comfort she'll feel even lonelier. She knew she couldn't find what she had with Aven in Anthony so she felt like the least he could do was nurture and be there for her at the agonizing moment.

"That's it Anthony? That's all you're gonna say? Even when your baby brother is laid up in some hospital bed, you're still trying to teach him a lesson. Don't you think he has learned enough! The boy goes through hell as is with this guilt eating at him and you just want to put him through more!" Samantha was past upset with her son. He just never sees beyond the picture he's attempting to paint causing him to miss out on tons of things. "You don't think he gets tired of you treating him like the scum of the Earth. He needs and wants his brother for guidance. You're being selfish and inconsiderate, and me and your father did not raise you to be like this."