Epilogue

My leg continued to bounce nervously from where I sat in the dim lighting of the Cartway's living room. I nervously fiddled with the red bow placed on top of my head, matching my bright lipstick while contrasting perfectly with my black dress.

I smoothed down the slim fitting material once again before I heard the front door opening, the muffled sounds of Luke and Kathleen echoing through the dark house.

"Why are we at my house? I thought you said there was a surprise?" Luke's adorably confused voice rang out.

"Oh, there's a surprise, now go into the living room for a second, will you? There's one more thing left to give you." I could practically hear the smirk in Kathleen's voice as she spoke, the clicking of her short heels heading off to the kitchen located on the opposite side of the house.

I curled deeper into the upholstery, blending in with the shadows. Luke's lanky frame soon came into view as he took a seat on the couch, the light leaving me to believe he kept his focus on his smart phone as per usual.

"Now, close your eyes!" Kathleen demanded, carrying the small cake I picked up while I was waiting, a single candle lit in the center of the circle.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you," Kathleen quickly motioned me over when Luke's eyes were completely closed, leaving the room and letting me finish the song alone.

"Happy birthday, dear Lukey. Happy birthday to you." I sang, giggling as his eyes sprang open, taking in my appearance before practically tackling me onto the couch.

I giggled as he placed more sloppy kisses across my face before pulling back and smiling, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry, I regretted it from the moment it left my lips." He mumbled, lightly attaching his lips to my neck.

"It's fine, I promise." I smiled, looking down at our, now, intertwined fingers.

"No, it's not. But I'm going to spend forever trying to make up for it. So, Andy Pandy, will you take me back?" He nervously questioned, biting his lip as I left him in suspense.

"Of course." I finally respond, mirroring the grin etched on his face as he tackled me once again.

"I love you so much," He murmured against my lips, making me giggle at the strange sensation.

"I love you, too." I replied, laughing when my phone rang with my new ring tone, Red's favorite song.

So say what are you waiting for?

Kiss her, kiss her,

I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late.

"I guess we have to listen to Patrick Stump on this one." Luke gingerly laughs, cupping my cheeks with his hands once again.

"I love you." I say once more as we break away again.

"Forever?" He gently smiled, his dimples popping out as he brushed a stray lock of hair behind my ear.

"Forever." I confirm, sealing the promise with another kiss.

Forever.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, so this is officially the end. Please keep this book in your libraries because I am going to post a note about the sequel soon, and whatever I decide to do for it. Once again I would like to thank you all so much for reading this.

Much Love,

Emily {IrwinArmy}