"They're casualties of this war," Angie said. "Not everyone is as crazy as you."

Marty waved a dismissive hand. "I'm not going to go there."

They found their new larger quarters clean and pristine with some interesting updates: new plumbing fixtures and nicer furniture. For some unexplained reason, the maintenance guys had built a small swimming pool in the common area between their quarters. The pool was enclosed by a transparent wall with doors to their quarters but not to the common area.

"Whose idea was this?" Marty said. "I don't get it. What are they trying to do: make this into a honeymoon resort?"

"Maybe they're giving us a hint," Angie said, teasing him with an ornery grin.

"The only thing that would make sense is if they've issued bathing suits," Marty said.

"Come into my quarters and we'll check."

Marty followed her into a suite that seemed too luxurious for even an officer's quarters. Two couches and an easy chair defined a generous conversation area. A large view screen dominated one wall and art covered the opposing wall. Angie entered her bedroom and opened what she thought was a closet but what turned out to be a room-sized wardrobe.

Marty's eyes ballooned. "Holy hell! Look at all the outfits."

Angie rummaged through the hung clothes and through drawers and cabinets filled with under garments, shoes, nightgowns, robes and shorts, tops and other miscellaneous items.

"No bathing suits here. Display the clothing inventory, please."

"Yes, Admiral."

A long list displayed on a wall-mounted screen. After scrolling through it, Angie smiled at Marty. "Nope."

"Please display the swimming pool rules."

"Yes, Admiral."

"The rules are the same," she said. "No bathing suits are required."

"Why is that?"

"I have no idea," Angie said, sounding annoyed. "What difference does it make?"

"Right now, our big problem is going to be when they find out that we've revealed technology to aliens."

"We'll tell them the truth: we were desperate."

"I hope they accept that explanation," Marty said.

So did she.

***

Arthur appeared confused and worried. He changed his gaze from Marty and Angie at an ever-increasing rate until one or the other of them spoke.

"We've gone over your lengthy mission report, Admiral, and have come to the preliminary conclusion that the Dragon aliens represent an unacceptable threat to us and our allies and that their home world is not in our galaxy. This is also the belief of the Roswell aliens and the Drak female Moto."

"What does that mean?" Angie asked.

"It means that we'll have to send a ship to Andromeda."

"That's 2.5 million light years away," Marty said. "How long will that take?"

"More than twenty-four hours, I believe."

"Ouch," Angie said, symbolically holding her head.

"You'll never feel it because you'll be sedated," Arthur said.

"What can one or two ships do against an enemy more numerous than cockroaches, as Uma puts it?" Marty said.

"We . . . our weapons boys have devised a doomsday weapon, capable of destabilizing a star."