Despite my better judgment, I stepped inside the apartment that Walter had rented out after Cheryl and dropped my suitcase on the torn up couch that was sat in the middle of the living room.

"Oh my god," Cheryl shrieked, throwing her hands up in the air, "I think it's blood!"

Rhys, who currently had Henry's diaper bag, his suitcase and one of mine walked into the apartment without shutting the door behind him. He quickly made his way over to Cheryl where she was staring down at the carpet in disgust. Rhys crouched down, examining the red stain.

He shrugged, "I'll put a sheet over this section - just in case."

Cheryl groaned in frustration, running a manicured hand through her dark brown hair. "I'd rather have stayed at the motel that was missing the letters M and L in the sign. That place looked a hell of a lot better than this place."

Rhys brushed passed her, "Stop complaining Cheryl. If you want, you can rent your own room. You're an adult."

"We all are," I interjected before looking at Rhys, "At least I think we are. How old are you exactly?"

Rhys cocked his head to the side, letting his bangs fall to the side instead of occupying the space in front of his eyes. "Twenty-two."

I nodded, "Then yes, we're all adults."

Cheryl huffed in annoyance. "If I get chlamydia -"

"You won't." I assured her, before handing her Henry and going to drag one of my suitcases with me as I followed Rhys down a narrow hallway. There were four doors, three of which I assumed were bedrooms, and one a bathroom.

Rhys kicked open a door, closer to the end of the hallway and made his way in. I followed in suit, minus the door kicking. I watched as he set down my suitcase and Henry's diaper bag on the small single bed, a light blue duvet cover was spread across it. There was a two drawer wooden dresser in the corner of the room, next to the window. A nightstand with a small lamp perched on top sat beside the bed. Other than that, the room was pretty small and plain.

"Sorry there isn't much. We can't exactly afford a five star apartment for three adults and an infant." Rhys apologized, rubbing his hand up and down the back of his neck. I shrugged, the fact that this apartment wasn't perfect made me happy. There were so many 'perfect' things I had gotten in my life because my mother liked to spoil me. A change was good once in a while.

Once Rhys announced he was going to the grocery store to pick up some food for us, I went to work on unpacking my stuff and hanging it up in the small closet next to the bed. Half of my stuff was already hung up when Cheryl came bursting through the door, a panicked look on her face as a screaming Henry wailed away.

"He's either hungry or needs a change." I told her over Henry's screams, before I took him into my arms and went to work searching through his diaper bag. It turns out, all he really needed was a fresh diaper and his pacifier.

"I'm sorry," Cheryl apologized as we walked into the living room that was connected to the kitchen, "I've never dealt with a crying baby before. I'm an only child and I was never really around infants growing up."