My current life

Okay so let's go almost a year back from now. In 2016, my eldest brother, Jason, was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis.

Too much iron in the body.
Rare
Fewer than 200,000 US cases per year
Treatable by a medical professional
Requires a medical diagnosis
Lab tests or imaging always required
Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong

This is what it was. It doesn't seem that bad except that fact that he refused to go with the treatment.(which where blood transfusions) not only that but he didn't want to take his pill properly. On top of all that he was an alcoholic.

On the 6th of December he went into the hospital because he was crazy. He shook and hallucinated, and was completely mentally/physically unstable. He hadn't had a drink in about 4 days so that's what the shaking and hallucinating where for, but his liver was really bad.

They wouldn't give him a transplant because they had given him a chance before to get cleaned up. They said "6 moths clean and you'll get the transplant.", but he only made it to 1 month.

Anyway, now that he was back in hospital they wouldn't give him a transplant. For 3 weeks he was sedated and tied down. He was literally oozing with toxins because his body was trying so hard to fight and get all of the horrid substance out of him, but on December 27, 2016 he passed.

My family is here, yes, but they're not my family. My family always talks with one another about their problems, and trusts each other. We hang out and laugh. We act like a picture perfect family, because, to me, that's what we where.

But now we shut each other out and act like strangers. We don't laugh as much as we used to, and if we do it's just not as heartfelt. And our picture perfect family is broken.

I know that people handle grief differently, but we can't put our lives on hold. I know we're sad, we all are, but we don't have to change our selves because a portion of our lives is different.

The 3rd youngest of my siblings, who is 11 moths apart from me, got mad at me and said that I didn't care, because I didn't cry as much as he did. The thing that they don't know is that before Jason died he said to me, "Hay. Don't be sad. Okay? And don't cry. You'll be fine."

And that was before he was REALLY sick.

RIP

RIP. I love you.