Joy and Pain - Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

"That's true too. But nah, it's a boy." he laughed, making me hit him playfully.

"Yeah whateva'." I rolled my eyes playfully. I began playing with his dreads as we waited for the doctor to come back with my prenatal vitamins, and we sat in a comfortable silence.

"I'm sleepy," I pouted. he looked up at me with his light brown eyes and shook his head. 

"We ain't even eat yet. If they ate wit'out us, Imma cry." he said, making us both bust out in laughter.

"You a pussy." I laughed harder, making him suck his teeth.

"Aye, they say you are what chu' eat." he shrugged, while I laughed again and continued to play in his dreads.

"We gon' be so busy with all these kids Nay." he chuckled, making me think of our future with each other. 

"Yeah, I know right. But we gotta make it work. When you trynna move to Miami anyway?" I asked. 

"September." he answered. I counted how many months it was from now and I shook my head.

"Thats exactly nine months from now. I would've been had the babies. Then we would have to travel with a five year old, two one year old boys, and a new born." I reminded him.

"Oh damn." he laughed, making me laugh. "Well we should move sooner. A couple of weeks after Camille's birthday. Our kids have been on a plane before, it's not a big deal. They know how to act." he said proudly.

"Okay, deal. I'll be like four or five months pregnant so it'll work. I can get accustom to the environment and so will the babies." I made a note in my head.

"Are you going to still be doing cosmetology in Miami?" he asked. I looked at him, giving him an obvious answer.

"Shit, I can't stop my line of work. But it will be held off until all of our babies are in school." I told him, making him nod his head. Before we could discuss anything else, the doctor came in and gave me my prenatal vitamins. After I got my vitamins, Carter and I checked out of the hospital and we went back home.

"What happened, are you okay?" Jazmine was the first to ask once we walked in the house. We walked in to a semi-silent home. Only Jazmine, Andre, Renee, Lamar, Devaughn, and Jamie were there.

"Yes, I'm great." I smiled.

"You pregnant." Lamar said, shaking his head.

"Yup." I beamed, making them all smile and congratulate us.

"Damn, y'all niggas waste no time!" Andre commented, making us all laugh. 

"Where are my children?" I asked them, realizing that I didn't hear any of their voices.

"They're sleeping. We already fed and washed them." Lamar said, high-fiving Renee. I laughed and thanked him while going upstairs to check on my kids. I checked the time on my phone and noticed that it was 9pm. Damn we're late, I thought. I couldn't even kiss my babies good night.

"Babe," I heard Carter call upstairs before I made it into Camille's room. Trying not to wake them up, I jogged to the top of the stairs and looked down at him.

"What." I answered. He cocked an eyebrow at me and smirked.

"Imma let that slide." he reassured. "Do you want me to heat up your plate?" he asked. 

"Yes please." I smiled and jogged back to Camille's room to find her gone. My eyes were glued to her bed as I walked closer, seeing that the bed was unmade. Though she was a child, she was extremely neat, just like me and her daddy, and she always made her bed when she wasn't in it. Always. 

In a state of panic, I rushed out of her room and into the boys room to find them sound asleep in their separate cribs but Camille wasn't in there. I ran into our master bedroom and found an empty room. I rushed out of the room and into the bathroom and every room in the house. But she was nowhere to be found.

"Carter!" I screamed while I ran down the stairs to where everyone was sitting. I abruptly stopped when I saw Breanna, holding my husband at gun point with Camille begging and pleading for her to leave her daddy alone. 

A/N: Cliffhangerrrr! Next chapter will most likely be posted one of these days this week.