Chapter 7 - The Argument

Chapter 7

Harry and Ron had finally had enough, and decided that they were gonna head up to the Gryffindor common room for a bit, but promised Ginny and Hermione that they would return later,

'I don't understand why this dance is such a big deal to them,' Ron sighed.

Hermione and Ginny were sat at the side, talking about how amazing the night had been so far. When someone familiar walked towards them both.

'Vould you like to dance vith me?'

Hermione and Ginny both looked up recognising the strong Bulgarian accent at once. Viktor Krum stood tall in front of them, holding his hand out to Hermione.

'Sure,' Hermione replied. Well Ron had gone to bed now and she didn't want  to sit all night, when she could be dancing. She saw another Durmstrang student now talking to Ginny as she started to dance with Viktor.

'I have missed you, Herm-own-ninny,' Viktor said. Hermione laughed, he had never been able to pronounce her name right.

'I have missed you too,' She replied.

'Vat are you doing vith that Veasley boy?' He asked.

'What do you mean?' Hermione was curious.

'Is he your friend or...?'

'He's my boyfriend,' Hermione replied, not feeling that it was any of his buisness. She knew that Ron and Viktor had never really gotten along.

'Oh,' Viktor said looking sad.

At that Hermione changed the subject and they carried on dancing.

Ron and Harry sat alone in the Gryffindor common room, as everyone else was still at the dance. They were tired but didn't feel like sleeping.

'We should probably go back down, it's been about an hour,' Ron said, standing up as Harry followed. They walked back down the marble staircase and back into the Great Hall.

Ron suddenly stopped, something catching his eye.

'What's up?' Harry asked noticing his best friend's strange reaction.

And then Harry saw it. He could hear the slow music and straight ahead of them saw Hermione with Viktor Krum, just as Ron had feared. Hermione's head on his chest, his hands around her waist, her hands around his neck dancing together in time to the music.

A loud crash brought the hall to a stop as everyone turned towards Harry. Next to him a table, that had just been kicked over by Ron, lay on the floor. Ron stormed out of the silent room. As Harry walked over to Ginny he saw, in the corner of his eye, Hermione running out of the Great Hall after Ron. Viktor looked confused, but also slightly happy about something.

'RON!' Hermione called after him running up the stairs.

'What?' Ron turned around to face her, his face red with anger.

'Don't leave,' She pleaded.

'I wouldn't want to interrupt you and Viktor,' He shouted at her, 'It's not like I'm your boyfriend or anything. Does that mean anything to you Hermione?'

'Yes it does, but he doesn't Ron. I love you and you mean the world to me, we're just friends. I promise you.' Hermione sat on the staircase and started to cry.

'It didn't exactly look like that from where I was standing,' Ron continued to shout.

Hermione stood up wiping her eyes and turned to face Ron. 'Why do you always do this?' She started shouting at him 'Am I not allowed to be near anyone else? Am I just suppose to stand there when you leave, and wait for you to come back? Do I have to stay by your side the whole time? Am I not allowed to have friends who are guys?'

Ron looked shocked, he had never heard her talk like this before.

'Because if that's the way that it is,' Hermione took a deep breath calming herself before continuing to speak, 'then I don't want to be with you anymore Ron.'

'Hermione don't say that,' Ron said, now looking scared. He ran down the stairs to were Hermione stood. Wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her. Hermione pulled away.

'Hermione I'm sor...'

'No, Ron. It's too late.' She walked down the stairs, back towards the Great Hall.

All Ron could do was stand and stare as the love of his life walked away from him.