Chapter 1- Locked Up

The sky was filled with stars and the moon was shining bright tonight. I so desperately wanted to escape this room. Instead I was forced to lay in my bed and stare at the wall. So for starters, my name is Rylie and as you can imagine, I'm the president's daughter. You might be thinking, "Oh she's the president's daughter! She has it made for sure." Yeah, right. Everyone thinks my dad is so magnificent, but to me, he is the devil. I'm not allowed to leave The White House. I have school here and friends here but nothing more. Occasionally, we do take family vacations. Last year we went to Hawaii. I met my first boyfriend there, but when I left without telling him he got super mad at me and it ended real quick. I hate being  stuck in here constantly but my father is very paranoid about me ever venturing out on my own. My mother on the other hand encourages him to let me grow up. She tells him things like, "Ron, you cannot keep Rylie locked up forever. She is sixteen now and she needs to experience the things we did growing up like going to the mall, sitting out by a bonfire, roasting marshmallows, riding a roller coaster, and simply making friends outside of these walls." He just nods his head and never acknowledges anything she says to him. My parents have been  together since they was fifteen years old. I wonder if my mom ever thought some day her teenage boyfriend would be the president of The United States of America. It's ironic too me, honestly. 

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I utter quietly. My best friend, Joy, popped her head in the door. "May I come in?" She asked politely. I nodded for her to come in. Joy is the same age as me. Her mom works for my dad as a security secretary. She basically makes sure all of the actual security guards are doing their jobs. 

Joy came over and laid down on the bed beside me and joined me staring at the walls.

Joy broke the silence, "I went to Jake's party last night. It was so much fun. Gosh Rylie, I so wish your dad would let you go outside these walls." 

Jake is Joy's friend from outside of the White House. She talks about him a lot. He apparently lives in west Washington and attends a private high school nearby. She describes him as athletic, easy going, trust worthy, and charming.

"I know Joy. It's pathetic but I mean I get where he is coming from. The world is crazy these days and being the president's daughter a lot of people are out to get me." 

Joy rolled her eyes and said, "Rylie. Just stop. Quit justifying the way he treats you. This isn't a sixteen story castle with a locked up princess awaiting prince charming to save her. You are Rylie Evelynn Jacskon. You're a sixteen year old teenager that is not getting to experience her life. That's it. Nothing more." 

A single tear rolled down my cheek. She was right. I do not deserve to be locked away in here. I looked at Joy and said the words that I never thought I'd say... 

"I'm going to sneak out."

Hello Wattpad friends! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of "The Presdient's Daughter." Leave comments and vote to express your feed back.