Assigned

Teacher (Mr. Presscot): So for this whole 3 months you will have very special assignments that I think you'll enjoy.

The class goes silent, eager to hear what the teacher has in mind.

Teacher: So I talked to the principle and he's letting you, as the Senior class, to travel alone.

Whispers grew throughout the room.

Teacher: But, a permission slip would be handed to you, to be signed by a parent or guardian.

The students had smiles forming on their faces. As noise began going around the room.

Teacher: But....

The class became quiet, anxious to hear what he had to say.

Teacher: I'm assigning the groups.

Grunts and groans followed with "no"s heard in the class.

Teacher: Or we can just review for the exam...

The class became silent as it could ever be.

Teacher: That's what I thought.

Teacher: So since this class has many students, we need bigger groups of 18.

Teacher: I'll start naming them tomorrow, but for now, you're dismissed.

The bell rang, as the classroom started getting empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was short, but it was basically an introduction to my new book Chaotic Road Trip. Hoped you enjoyed it, and stay tuned for more updates.