Chapter 6

Back at Chatue Corny I shoved a now cold brownie into my mouth and groaned. Still wonderful. Phantom of the Opera rang through out the tree house as we all sat in our designated bean bags, I once again on my dinosaur.

We all sat in a circle and were staring at the blue folder as if an alien had just beamed down and thrown it at my head. It was foreign and scary.

“Did he say what any of the conditions might be? Any hints?” Jessica asked as she stole one of my brownies. I allowed it, seeing as it was pretty late and we all sat there still. I had stayed the whole night till mid afternoon sleeping before I saw my cousins so it was actually Wednesday. Not Tuesday. Bad internal calender as well. Eh.

“No, I think the point of the conditions are to read them.” Corny said as he ate some cheeto’s from a bag at his head. 

Jessica swatted at him and I reached forward and flopped open the folder. The back of it fell with a light tap that echoed gently. 

I pulled out a small packet of photos and looked at all the rooms in my new house, if I agreed to this. Large ballrooms of marble, a huge kitchen with full staff working away. A giant oak table with places all set perfectly, a beautiful diner set upon it. I stopped when I came to a room. The bed was large and had black sheets and comforter. It was a canopy bed and had red silk draping down from the poles and supports. The throw pillows were white with black details.

The next picture showed a small seating area on one side of the room with a t.v and a shelve full of a lot of movies and game systems. I handed them around and stopped when I came to another picture with a man laying on the bed. It was Geremy. 

I noticed the texture was a bit strange and turned it over to see his writing. 

‘My little brother is brilliant with a camera. He’d love to have your picture.’ There was a line of X’s and O’s under it and a fancy G. 

The next photo folded out an I screamed. A library. A fluffing library! “OH MY GAWD!” I cried out at the top of my lungs, jumping up and dancing around, the picture clutched to my chest. 

The other pictures were of halls and stair wells, opening to random bedrooms with random color schemes. I was in love, with the man or the house I still don’t know. 

Jessica pulled out a cleanly printed sheet of paper and held it out to me. “The conditions.” Was printed on the front stapled page. 

I flipped it open to see a list. 

“Number one.” I read out loud, sitting back on the dino with the library picture securely in my free hand. “I will ask nothing of you that you cannot do. You shall never have to work or clean again if you become my wife. Number two: If we have children, when we have children I mean, I would wish you to play an active role in their lives. A nanny is allowed but only for watching them while you are busy.” They were sensible rules.

“Rule Number Three: I will ask you to accompany me to many places all over the world and would ask if you would do so respectfully. I do not know you yet and hope you aren’t a whiner. 

Rule Number Four: No whining.

Rule Number Five: I will ask of you many times to throw parties for my business associates. You will receive help of course, but there will be a lot of work.

Rule Number Six: I wish you to remain loyal to me and my family. 

Rule Number Seven: If you could at all love me for me and not for my money, please do.” 

I looked up with wide and slightly teary eyes. Jessica and I shared a fan girl cry and I crushed the papers to my chest. I have decided, yes is the answer here.