Chapter 11: Truth and consequences

Zacznij od początku

''Hey,'' he says to Hayley.

''Thank goodness I'm getting slammed here,'' she told him while we both tried to satisfy the customers needs.

''Hayley listen I've got to talk to you,'' Trent tells her as she walks across to a different end of the bar.

''Later grab a tray,'' she tells him.

''I can't I'm quitting,'' I frown as he says this to Hayley.

''You're kidding right!'' II exclaim in protest. Today was not the day for this.

''Why?'' Hayley asks him also frowning. ''In trouble with you're dad again?''

''No it's not that,'' he says. ''I just... I just have to quit. I'm sorry.''

He starts to walk away but I stop him at the door.

''Hey wait a minute,'' I tell him as I get closer. ''You're just going to bail on us like that?''

''Yeah I know it seems sudden,'' he said glancing back at Hayley.

''Don't you think that you owe her some kind of an explanation?'' I say as the flashes are coming again and I begin to wonder why.

''You don't understand,'' he tells me. ''Courtney something weird has happened. And I feel like if I don't tell someone, I'm going to explode.''

''What is it Trent?'' I ask trying to fight the sinking feeling in my stomach. ''You can tell me.''

Before he can say anything someone pushes through the door. It is Cassidy and Devon.

''Excuse me people.. Important announcement,'' She tells everyone with an air that suggests she's royalty. ''Attention ... look at me.''

I roll my eyes and Trent shakes his head at her theatrics.

''I have the scoop of the century,'' she says to everyone sounding happy. She tells some girls that she needs them to move and I see Conner, Leanne, Kira and Ethan get up too see what she is doing this time. ''And as my faithful core audience, I wanted to share it with you guys first.''

''What do you think this is about?'' Ethan asked.

''Maybe she's decided to run for queen?'' I suggest and the others smirk.

''I have uncovered the identity of the one and only white ranger!'' My eyes widen and I look at the others as she says this. If this is true than I know who I need to be having a good chat that ends in violence with. ''And any minute now, my assistant Devin is going to come through that door with videotape evidence. Any minute.''

We all turn towards the door. The room is so quite that you can hear a pin drop right now.

He finally appears through the doors and makes his way to Cassidy.

''Oh Cass, I'm here,'' he says as he runs between the tables. ''Sorry I'm late.''

''Devin where's your camera?'' She asked him.

We watch as they quietly converse to themselves. I wish that they would hurry up. The suspense is killing me right now.

''Ladies and gentlemen, it appears that the white ranger is,'' she pauses and I hold my breath waiting for an answer. ''Taped on a camera that Devin stupidly lended his sister, but once she returns it I'll be sure to let you know.''

I felt the thrill that appeared when I realised I would know who was responsible for what happened to my dad.. fade when she said that. Typical.

''So Trent,'' I began slowly turning to look at my friend. ''What was it you wanted to-'' I stopped when I realised that Trent had gone.