Chapter 8: White thunder part 1

Chelbell2016:

Well here it is the first part of the white thunder part 1. please review and tell me what you think.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

I am meeting up with Hayley at first light to prepare to open up the Cyberspace. We both walk in yawning as we went along. We hear a noise and Hayley gasps picking up something heavy from the counter while I prepare for a fight if needed. Hayley than realises that she is holding a jar and she puts it down. We both begin to walk forward and find out what had made that noise. I motioned for her to be quiet as we both moved forward.

We glance around as we are going and Hayley stops me motioning towards one of the microphones. I nod and when she has gotten it we both begin to move forward again.

Hayley swallows loudly showing how nervous she is as we continue around the bar looking let and right for any sign of what ha made that noise as we go on. She jumps out and goes to strike someone with the microphone but I stop her when I see that it is...

''TRENT!!' I yell in fright. ''You trying to give us a heart attack.''

He looks at me.

''You have a heart attack,'' he started as he looked up at us from where he had fallen when we had made him jump. ''What about me? You scared me to death Courtney.''

I shook my head and glanced at Hayley.

''Hayley!'' Trent says like he has only just noticed that she is also there. ''You two are here. Why?''

Hayley puts the microphone down and exhales loudly.

''You've seen the sign outside,'' she said to him. ''The one that says 'Hayley's Cyberspace'?''

''I don't think you could miss it,'' I tell him sarcastically.

''Right. Sorry,'' he says and I move forward to help him as he begins to get back to his feet. As I help him I notice at the same time as Hayley that he was sketching something before we made him jump.

''Wow,'' Hayley says moving forward to get a closer look. ''This is.... you did this?'' She asked him.

''Yeah,'' he says nodding.

Hayley flips the pad to look at his next few drawings.

''This is really good,'' she tells him nodding her head approvingly.

''They really are Trent,'' I say smiling.

''Thanks,'' he tells us both smiling back at us. We all get up to start preparing for the day.

''So..'' Hayley starts. ''Here's the only question I have.''

''What am I doing here at 7 in the morning instead of at home?'' He said knowing exactly what her question would be.

''Top marks,'' I tell him jokingly.

''That would be the one,'' Hayley says to him as we all start putting the stools down at the bar.

''I came here to draw,'' he explained to the both of us. ''My dad's not exactly supportive of my artistic endeavours.''

''How do you know?'' Hayley asked.

''Well I think his exact words were,'' he began to mimic his dads voice. '' 'Trent... I am in no way supportive of your artistic endeavours.''

''I see,'' I tell him.

''And he doesn't think that it will get me anywhere,'' he says and I feel sorry for him.

''He'll come around,'' Hayley reassured him from behind the bar.