Chapter 9

Devins POV:

When I woke up from my deep sleep the first thing I noticed was a bunch of hair in my face. Which was a little confusing considering I didn't have long hair. Then I remembered last night and I instantly started smiling. I moved the crazy waves of hair out of my face to see a still sleeping Marina on my chest. Damn I was lucky. I started to examine our naked bodies. Not in a perverted way though. Our bodies were just fit for each other. Every nook and cranny of ours fit perfectly together like puzzle pieces. As I started scanning over her body I noticed her many tattoos. Some small, some big. Right when I was wondering what their meaning was I snapped out of it by a groaning Marina.

"Morning," she yawned as she turned her head up to look at me.

"Morning baby girl," I whispered pulling her head closer to mine to I could kiss her.

"How did you sleep?" She asked rolling her body onto mine so we were now on top of each other.

"I Probably got the best sleep of my life last night. Can I ask you a question?"

I could feel her body tense up. She gave me a look that seemed to read go on.

"What do your tattoos mean?" I said as I traced my fingers over the one on her rib.

"Well all of them have a story but if I told you each story we would be here all day," she laughed.

"Please? I'm curious," I said throwing her the classic puppy dog face, which of course only made her roll her eyes.

"Fine," she laughed, "I was really close to my grandpa so when he died I was devastated. It was my senior year of high school and he was so excited to see me go to UNC. He never got to see me graduate high school let alone become who I am today. I got this tattoo so he would always be with me," she said smiling slightly at the Roman numerals that where on her tricep.

"Is that his birthday?" I asked running my finger over the tattoo.

"Yes it is," she smiled.

"Alright what about that one," I said gliding my fingers over her body to the ancient Egyptian queen on her rib cage. I could feel the goosebumps on her skin rise as my hand caressed over her skin.

"Nefertiti. Growing up my parents always taught me to put myself first. They wanted me to become a powerful, rich, and successful woman. And Nefertiti was just that. When I see her I can't help but just get motivated to push myself harder," she said smiling as she laced her fingers into mine that were dancing over her tattoo.

"I really like that one," I said smiling. She had a meaning for her tattoos and that's what I loved. I think if people get a tattoo that's going to be on their bodies for the rest of their lives it should at least mean something.

"Thanks D. So what do you want to do today?" She asked laying her head back into my naked chest.

"Well since we both have the day off... anything really," I said playing with her hair.

"Hmm alright well tonight my parents are coming over so I think that's a pretty good excuse to go shopping," she laughed.

"Alright I'm down. How nice is the dinner? Where are we going?"

"We are going to T. Cook's." Marina said getting up.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked pulling out the puppy dog face again.

"I'm going to take a shower," she said winking as she looked over her shoulder back at me. I smirked and followed her into her bathroom.

"Lemme join," I smirked hugging her body from behind and kissing her neck.