"Come Here For A Moment."

Start from the beginning

"What the hell was that?!" John shouted at him suprised. Sherlock looked at the candy in the trash.

"Just as I thought. I left the candy dry on one side, and the dryness stuck to the roof of your mouth." Sherlock said to himself. Lestrade was dumbfounded.

"What the hell just happened?!" Lestrade exclaimed. Sherlock sighed.

"I was testing out my theory. She could've shoved the pill into his mouth without him knowing. If she did it quickly, the pill would've stuck to the mouth, and leave her without any residue. So she would be safe, and the man would die." Sherlock explained.

"But did you have to kiss me to prove it?" John asked increduously. Sherlock was exiting the room.

"It was an eperiment. Come on. We're done here for right now. We've got an appointment." Sherlock said. John sighed, but followed him out of the hotel, into a cabby, and up the stairs of their shared apartment.

"Could you have waited until we got home? Instead of doing it infront of the entire police department." John complained as they walked up the stairs.

"What are you embarrased?" Sherlock tutted. "Plus it doesn't matter because we have someone waiting in the living room." He added.

"Well it could've waited until after the appointment." John said.

"I could not because I would've forgotten." Sherlock excused. They walked past the woman sitting in the waiting chair, and into the kitchen.

"You're memory is perfect, you would'nt've forgotten." John said impatiently.

"Exactly." Sherlock finished. He swung into the living room, and sat in his thinking chair. John followed exasperated, and sat down across from him.

"Go on. What do you want?" Sherlock told the woman. She shifted uncomfortably, but started.

"My husband has gone missing. I don't know where he is. He left to go to work, but when I called in to check, he was no where to be seen. He'd never leave unexpectedly. I just know something bad happened to him." She explained. John wrote everything down lazily.

"And what was your husband's name?" John asked.

"Charles Carbine." She told them. John remembered the name and stopped writing.

"Charles Carbine? Are you sure?" He asked again. She nodded.

"I regret to inform you that we just came back from the murder scene of Charles Carbine, your husband. He went missing, but it was so he could spend it with another. He had a Valentines Day Hotel reservation made with another woman, who killed him. I'm sorry you had to find out this way." Sherlock told the woman. She had a completely blank face. She started to cry, and John handed her some tissues.

"How could he do this to me?" She cried. Sherlock became bored, and left to get some tea. John tried to help a little.

"Has he ever cheated before? Do you know any names you could give us?" John asked politely. She nodded.

"He cheated once before. With some woman who works in the police morgue. Molly I think was her name. Caught her in the act a year back." She told him. John wrote this down. Could it be Molly Hooper? He thought.

"Well we will get right on with this, and find whoever killed your husband. Be expecting a call from the authorities soon." John told her. He escorted her out of the building, and locked their doors for the day.

"I expect you heard everything." John said to Sherlock. John opened the fridge, moved a jar of eyes to the side, and grabbed the milk. He warmed it up, and sat down with the cup.

"Molly is far too dense and clumsy to be a killer. She forgets her left from her right from time to time." Sherlock told John. Sherlock laid on the couch, and went into his mind palace.

"Going in for a little land scaping?" John asked.

"Yes." Was all Sherlock said. John remained quiet, reading the newspaper, and looking over the notes. He reflected a little about the day, and about the week. He started to enjoy Sherlock's palace moments. Everything was quiet enough for him to think as well.

'Why didn't Sherlock just stick a candy to a corpses mouth and test it out? Was it enough that people already think we're dating, and he had to kiss me in front of Lestrade's team like that.' John thought to himself. His mind was buzzing with a million thoughts.

"John." Sherlock called to get John's attention.

"Yes." He responded.

"I do value your opinion when we go to scenes. I hope you know that." Sherlock said, his eyes still closed. John smiled.

"Now I know. Thank you." John thanked. It was one of the first times he's ever given him a sincere compliment. Along with one other time, awhile ago.

The two sat quietly for a couple of hours, and thought about the case. John headed up to bed early that night, while Sherlock stayed in his mind palace throughout the night.