Flight 280

Right as I got home I rushed to my bedroom without saying hello to Nana. Nana must've known that something was up because 30 seconds later she was sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Judging by your unfriendly hello, I'm guessing you found out about S.C.A.T. And how you have to leave. Aren't you excited? You can finally escape this rotten excuse for a town!" She said to me. Excited? Not exactly the word I would use.

"Sure." I said, not wanting you hurt Nana's feelings. If she used to be in S.C.A.T. she probably would be let down if I didn't.

"So, were you in S.C.A.T?" I asked her, trying to seem upbeat about it.

"Yes. Me and your pahpoo both were." She said. So, it's official I'm joining S.C.A.T. Not because I want to though, because I don't want to let Nana down.

"So. I should probably start packing. Do you have a bag I could use?" I ask Nana, edging her to get out of my room.

"Yeah, I have an old duffel bag of mine you could use." She says as she walks out the door. I lie down on my bed, and let my hair go crazy on my bedsheets. Before I knew it, my eyes were closed and I was asleep.

"Are you all packed?" Nana said. It was the day I was leaving for Israel. I spent the last couple of days prepping for this moment. I stuffed all my clothes and materials into Nanas little duffel, and we went to the doctor to get me the shots that I needed in order to go over to Israel. We went and got our passports done, and I also prepped on how I was going to say goodbye to Nana.

"Yep." I said as I heard the horn of Johnny's old station wagon.

"Sweetie I'm gonna miss you." Nana said with tears in her eyes.

"I'll miss you too Nana." I said as we pulled into a hug. I opened the front door to the fresh morning air. it was still dark out because our flight was so early, but I didn't really mind. I opened the door of Johnny's car, and took a deep breath as I looked back at Nana and the house. I won't see them again in a month and a half.

"Ready?" Johnny asked me.

"Let's just go." I said. "Got the tickets?"

"Yep." Johnny said as he pulled out 2 tickets. "Flight 280."

Johnny and I took our seats on the plane in coach. I had never been on a plane before, but I didn't wasn't Johnny to know that. I wanted him to think I was experienced.

"So, when we get to Israel," Johnny began, "Noah Scafini and his daughter Kleo are going to pick us up. We are staying at a rented house with them. The other adults will be in separate houses. Unlike me and you, the Scafini's have a lot of money. I mean A LOT. They pay for the houses, plane tickets, and resources. We won't get to Israel until late tonight, and tomorrow morning we will search."

"Search?" I ask, clearly not understanding.

"For The Garden." Johnny says in a hushed voice. I turn my head to one side to show that I don't understand.

"Of Eden." Johnny says annoyed.

"Oh, and one more thing." Johnny tells me.

"What?" I say.

"Well, we are not the only ones looking for The Garden. Another team that includes about 150 people are also looking for it. Jose Martinez, and his followers, and we need to find it before they do." He says while buckling his seat belt.

"Why?" I ask him.

"Because, HE wants to make it an attraction, like Disney World. He just wants to be a billionaire and famous. We can't let that ruin our sacred Garden. While we want to find it, just for the sake of mystery." I nod again, just as the plane starts to drive on the runway.