Chapter 1

Preface: Vote and Comment if you like the story so far. I have much more written, but I want make sure that at least one person likes the story before I waste my time. Enjoy!

Connor

The sounds of the lunch room filled my ears. The distant chatter of high school delinquents along with the loud wake up call from my friend, Sebastian, woke me from my beautiful nap.

"Wake up, Connor."

My head rose enough to peer past my arm and I noticed the surge of blurry blobs exiting the lunch room. I sighed, realizing the inevitable walk to class. Sebastian was still attempting to wake me.

"Connor, lunch is over, here."

His voice was soft and almost in a panic tone. I lifted my head up and received my glasses. I began to walk towards the doors, but I stopped and looked at Sebastian. He saw my puzzled face and like clockwork, said "Sixth period English." He smiled.

I didn't. "Seriously? What in the hell do I need English class for? I speak it!"

"Come on Connor." He put his arm around my shoulder, which was difficult for him because I was three inches taller, and walked me out of the lunch room. "You know what English class is about."

Of course Sebastian would be inclined to defend school. He was a nerd! And a do-gooder. Occasionally I say things that irritate him. "I do know what English is about. It's about a waste of time." I smiled. He didn't.

"Just get to class, ya asshole."

"Yessir." I changed direction to the English hallway. My method for navigating these halls was sticking to walls. "Hey wall, how's your day?" Yep, it was official, I have no friends. The amount of oncoming kids was like a goddamn river stream. And I ain't swimming upstream. After most of the overgrown, undereducated, fucktards cleared out, I said my goodbyes to the wall and turned into my class. The first thing I noticed was the substitute sitting at the teachers desk, staring intently at some paper. My breathing slowed and heart reduced its pumping, my nap would be continued.

Not having finished my nap from sixth period, my walk to seventh was torture. My head hit the desk as Ms. Bast began her lecture. "Connor! Head, off the desk. Do you wanna fail algebra the second semester?" I forgot about her eyes were like flies. She thought she won, but I didn't care really. I opened my eyes, and zoned out.

One thing about Sebastian I've learned is that he is very punctual. He is always sitting in the front seat of the bus when I get there. He relocated his backpack from preventing people to sit there, like anyone wanted to, to where I could sit. He was antsy. "What up, Seb?"

He looked at me, scoffed at my nickname for him and went on to talk about his seventh period. I wanted to sleep more, so I pretended to be interested.

"You won't believe what happened dude." He was quite enthusiastic. "This girl, that sat in the back of class, raised her hand during Mr. Parker's lecture. He was baffled that someone would interrupt his teaching. I was surprised myself, so I turned in my seat to look at her."

There was a pause. "And??"

He had a huge grin on his face. "She looked right at me and said 'Sebastian Eli Alexander, will you be my boyfriend?'"

I sat, open-mouthed, in shock. "So you got a girlfriend?" I gave him a good-for-you-even-though-I'm-jealous smile.

His face went blank. "She's not my girlfriend."

"Wait what? Who was it?"

His face flickered with fear. "Isabel Dimas."

My brain exploded. "WHAT? Hold up. So a senior, who happens to be the most popular girl in school, asked you to be her boyfriend, a sophomore. You do realize that she is the baddest bitch in the school. Her parents are fucking lawyers, she's fucking rich!" My voice rose too high, and Sebastian was getting scared. He's not too fond of inappropriate language. "Why the hell did you say no?"

His voice faltered, "I don't- I don't know. It's complicated, I don't know how to explain-"

"Explain what?" I heard a screeching noise echo around me, and the bus doors flew open. I stared at him. "We'll finish this tomorrow." And I proceeded home.