Chapter 5

Demi and I started walking back to my house, her arm tightly around me like she was never going to let go.

Before we got far, she stops in her tracks.

"Is there a specific time you have to be home?" She asks me.

I shake my head back and forth while giving her a confused face.

"Can we head back to the park? I think it would be a nice relaxing place to sit and talk," she states.

I nod my head as we turn around and make our way towards the swing set I used to play on when I was younger.

~Flashback~

"Higher Daddy! I want to go higher," I tell my dad as he continues to push me.

"Not too high, squirt," he replies, using his little nickname he had for me.

"Daddy, watch this," I say to him as I jump off the swing, flying into the air.

For that short moment I felt weightless, only thinking about how happy I was.

Suddenly, I came crashing down to the ground hard.

"Daddy!" I cry as I feel pain shoot through my body.

My dad comes running over to me picking me up, checking for any injuries in the process.

"You're okay Sar," he tells me with a smile. "How about we head home and get you cleaned up before dinner."

I nod my head as he lightly throws me onto his back and starts to walk home.

I put my head on his shoulder, drifting off to sleep.

~End of Flashback~

I snap out of my thoughts as I sit in the same swing I always used to swing on.

Demi sits on the swing next to me as she pushes herself back and forth with her feet.

"Let's play a game!" Demi screams.

"20 questions?"

I nod my head quickly because I wanted there to be some noise other than the sound of the trees blowing in the wind.

"Okay me first," she begins. "Um do you prefer dogs or cats?"

"Dogs! I'm allergic to cats," I say with a little laugh. "What's your favorite body feature?"

"My booty" she says with a smile. "Ever had a boyfriend?"

"Only one," I reply. "Favorite activity?"

"Sleeping!" She says. She pauses before she asks me the next question. "What's up with your relationship with your dad?"

I take a deep breath knowing she was going to ask me that sometime.

"Can we save that for another time?" I ask with plead in my voice.

"Please," she replies.

I sigh as I begin to tell her. "I don't really know what started everything. I guess as I began to grow up he knew that I wasn't his little perfect little angel anymore. I made a lot of big mistakes and caused a lot of stress in his life."

"What kind of mistakes did you make?" She asks me before I continue.

"Just a lot of personal ones," I reply, not ready to tell her about that part in my life.

She nods her head signaling for me to continue.

"Well he started drinking like a lot of people do when they are stressed. I would get these angry phone calls in the middle of the night just screaming at me. He would say 'you're fat,' 'you're useless,' and 'you're stupid.' I remember one night though, he said something to me that I would never forget. 'I never wanted you. I hate you. I wish I had persuaded your mother to abort you so I never had to deal with the crap you put me through!' My heart broke into a million pieces that night, wondering why I was still on this planet. I began to think that maybe if I was thinner or prettier, he would love me again like he once did. I began to stop eating, not like he noticed any of it. I miss his sweet smile, the way he would give me the last cookie in the jar, and the way he would put me to bed every night, making sure I was comfortable," I told Demi, tearing up.

She rubbed my back not saying anything, just letting me get all of my tears out. I refused to let many out though.

"It's okay to cry, sweetheart," she tells me.

"No, I never cry in front of anyone," I tell her wiping the few tears away that did come out of my eyes. "It shows that I'm weak."

"You don't have to always be strong," she tells me. "It's okay to fall, as long as you pick yourself up."

I begin to let the tears fall from my eyes, down my face. It's been years and years of holding them back, and letting them fall is such a relief.

Demi gets up from her swing and comes close to me for comfort.

"Thank you so much Demi," I tell her once I finished crying. "I never thought I would tell anyone about that, but now that I did a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders."

"You don't have to say thank you, Sarah," she replies. "I'm here for you whenever you need me. You can always tell me anything."

"Well, since you say that, my eating disorder isn't the only problem I have," I tell her looking up into her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Thank you for reading! Please like and comment what you want to happen next! Do you want more drama? Or do you want the chapters to be longer?

Love you all!

~LovatoFan~