Founder's Day

"So this device that Jon now has is actually a weapon against vampires?" I ask Stefan from the shower. "Yeah, but Bonnie did a spell that took away it's abilities." I turn the knob off and shove the curtains aside. I rap a towel around my waist after drying off, and walk out back into the bedroom. Stefan is writing in his notebook. 

     "Hey, I got a question." I say, sitting down on the bed.

     "What?" He asks, setting down his journal. "What did Isobel say to Elena yesterday at the bar?" Stefan looks at me confused. "That she wanted the device." Stefan says. I laugh. "Stefan, I know she said something else." Stefan doesn't say anything. "Come on Stefan, talk to me." I beg. He smiles. "Whatever you're thinking of, I'm sure it doesn't matter anymore."

     I get up and walk over to Stefan's wardrobe, and examine the suit set out. "This is what you're wearing on the float?" I ask. He vamp-speeds up behind me. "Yeah I wasn't completely sure what I wanted to wear."

     "You'll look fine Stefan." I start, " don't even know what I'm gonna wear." Stefan slides his hands across my waist.

     "I prefer you when you wear nothing." He whispers in my ear, and then begins kissing my neck. I put my hand on the back of his head, and I turn around. I kiss him. "As much as I want to continue this, we should really get to the parade." Stefan sighs.

     I shut the car door, really taking in the sight of all the floats. Founder's Day has always been really cool, it just feels different now, without my parents.

     "Hey." Someone says behind me. I basically fly four feet in the air. I turn around fast.

     "Jesus Bonnie, you scared the crap out of me." She smiles.

     "Sorry. I jus feel like we haven't really talked lately." I nod. 

     "Yeah we really haven't." She hugs me. "I'm so sorry, about everything. I shouldn't have taken everything out on you." She pulls back.

     "It's okay Bonnie. You're mourning, and confused."

     "Yeah, I guess I am." She says a little unconvincingly. "Well, I better get down to the roads so I get good spot to see the parade." She turns and walks away. Almost immediately afterwards, Damon shows up. "Hey."

     "Hey." I reply.

     "So, I did a little bit of math. Isobel was dating your uncle John when she was fifteen, and Isobel gave birth to Isobel in John's brother's doctors office, put the pieces together and... BOOM!" Damon yells.

     "Are you suggesting that John is Elena's dad." He laughs. "Bingo." I roll me eyes.

     "Look thanks for the heads up, but I don't wanna be caught talking to you." I walk past him, but he grabs my arm.

     "Let go of me, Damon." He looks me dead in the eye, like he's gone make some dumb remark, but he let's go.

     I walk into the grill, and up to Stefan and Elena. They both look at me with cocked heads.