"And since when do you think nerds are cute?"

Zayn smirks, an amused expression on his face as he leans over the counter separating them, "Are you jealous because I called someone cute?"

No. Maybe. Yes. But Harry just glares at him half-heartedly as he takes the glass of water Zayn offers, "You don't call me anything" He mumbles again to himself but Zayn leans closer.

"That's not true ..." Zayn trails off. He does compliment Harry, maybe not physically but, "You're on a different level of cuteness" He reaches with his hands, fingers pressing over the crease between his eyebrows until Harry gives up and allows Zayn to soothe them, "When you're not scowling" He leans back again, a satisfied smile on his lips, "Your smile is charming with your dimples and all" But Harry doesn't smile, keeps staring at Zayn until the latter rolls his eyes and shakes his head, pushing himself up until he's close enough to peck Harry's lips. "You don't have to worry about him anyway, he's too interested in Louis to see anyone else" He leans back, settling on the stool, "He's not a creep, but like, hopeless, so ..." He shrugs, "Your have nothing to be jealous of"

And because Harry doesn't want to dig into the subject more, because he knows for one that he introduced him as his boyfriend, an easy term leaving Zayn's lips, something casual, feels natural, and it settles a warm feeling in his chest. And two, he's aware of Zayn's feelings for him, he just can't help feeling protective over what's supposedly his, because he knows Zayn is attractive, and he's on a whole other level of attractiveness when his kindness is combined with his good looks. And three, this isn't the time to start a quarrel, he didn't come here for that.

But as he opens his mouth to make his request, the front door is being opened and he knows without turning by the smile on Zayn's lips that it's Louis.

"Great, was just talking about you" Zayn shouts at him and Louis glances over them momentarily before bending down to get rid of his shoes first.

"Talking about me?" Louis questions as he reaches them, a quick nod of acknowledgement to Harry which seems to be their only way of communicating, silent gestures that neither seems to be bothered by it. "Why are you talking about me?" Louis pours himself a glass of water too and settles next to Zayn, and Harry wants to tell him that he's somehow included in most of their conversations. He doesn't know how Zayn does it, but Louis is being pushed between the lines. Harry doesn't like it at all.

"Was telling Harry about your obsessed stalker"

Louis sighs deeply, irritated by the subject, and at least Harry isn't the only one. "Dear lord-"

"He seems nice" Zayn nudges his shoulder with his own, "If you're not too busy checking over your past" He says in a softer and quiet tone and Louis turns to look at him. "What's the harm in trying?"

"Not my type" Louis simply replies and Zayn gives him an unimpressed look.

"I'm pretty sure he's ready to do whatever for you"

"You certainly know how to play a person" Harry mumbles and the both turn to him, "Changing someone to fit your likings? I'm pretty sure he won't like it. That's not how you get into a relationship"

"We're not-" Zayn starts.

"Well, you didn't see me doing it" Louis replies at the same time, briefly glancing at Zayn before adding, "He was joking" Harry just blinks at him because he knows that neither of them was. Louis stands up, placing his glass near the sink before heading to his room, "I'm gonna take a shower"

"I'm gonna invite him over" Zayn grins and Louis turns to him one last time.

"Please, last time you tried to set me up with someone, he ended up as your boyfriend"