10

Zayn can practically hear Julien whining about how he's the third wheel now as he sits with Antoine who just shrugs, and Louis who has his eyes glancing over their table every now and then. Zayn would catch his gaze sometimes whenever his eyes dart over Harry's shoulder and the latter is trying not to make anything out of it if Zayn is feeling more comfortable with Louis' presence nearby instead of him.

Well, at least he's sitting across from him, knees almost touching, eyes fixed on him most of the time, and if he extended his arms and leaned forward they might be closer. But for some reason, even though he was minutes ago between his arms, Zayn seems distant.

"How about we go somewhere else?"

Zayn raises his brows, "I don't really think that those French people around us will understand, and it's not like they're being loud nor that I get anything from what they're saying either-"

"A place where we can have some privacy" Harry corrects himself and Zayn's eyes glance over Louis for a second before returning to his. Zayn giggles, looking down and shaking his head and Harry furrows his brows. Zayn passed the 'I might want to hold you closer, get your eyes to be only on me, be less distracted, and talk more privately' part and went right away to the 'I might as well want your body pressed to mine while I have my lips on yours again and my hands exploring your body, and if our clothes happen to be no longer there, then I'm not complaining' part.

"Alright" Zayn lifts his head again, a smile still present on his face, amused, and Harry doesn't waste time getting up and paying for their nearly untouched drinks. He sees Zayn motioning for Louis that he'll call him later and Louis waves back with a smile on his face mouthing a 'Have fun' before they're out.

=====

Zayn can't use his room and Harry wouldn't want to go back after the scenario that happened there, and he also didn't want the public attention, he knows Zayn wouldn't talk anyway when there is a possibility his 'new friends' could hear. It's not that he minds having him close anyway. Zayn didn't object when he booked a room for a night, settling across from each other on the sofa, a big pillow in his lap as he relaxes into the soft material.

"So why did you move to France?" He asks, because Zayn wanted to talk, and they'll talk. Hopefully they can let each other's secrets out.

Zayn shrugs, "Louis wanted to"

Harry raises his brows, "Last time I checked, you didn't have enough money"

"We ..." Zayn replies slowly, eyes glancing around and avoiding his, "Got the money" Harry gives him a blank face as Zayn's eyes return to his slowly and he sighs, "Knew someone that paid for us" He replies quietly instead of 'I made a guy fall in love with me then broke his heart and left with his money. Well, not quite, I didn't really steal his money' But Harry's eyes are still suspicious, a question in them that Zayn doesn't want to answer so he resorts to changing the subject, "You know why I didn't want to stay in the first place. I got a chance and I took it, France was just Louis' choice, but I'd have gone anywhere to be honest" Harry nods slowly. "Why are you?"

"Well ..." He takes a deep breath, "After I lost my place at the tournament-"

"Wait, why?" Zayn interrupts him. He remembers Harry telling him that he didn't win.

"Got disqualified after missing my matches"

Zayn blinks, "Why?" He repeats.

"Family issues" Zayn frowns as Harry rolls his eyes, averting his gaze too and pausing like he's remembering something or thinking about someone. "I needed to clear my head and I wouldn't go without Joshua" Zayn mentally winces. He doesn't exactly hate Joshua, but he certainly doesn't like him either. He does feel bad for him though, getting inside their mess.